PDA

View Full Version : A nice beer

LandyAndy
23rd December 2010, 08:28 PM
I had an independant beer taster try my latest brew yesterday,he thought it was very good!!!!!
1 can of Coopers lager
300ml Honey
250ml Lemon juice concentrate
1kg sugar.
Andrew

Bearman
23rd December 2010, 09:01 PM
I had an independant beer taster try my latest brew yesterday,he thought it was very good!!!!!
1 can of Coopers lager
300ml Honey
1kg sugar.
Andrew

Andrew, Send a couple of kegs over to me and I will give them an independant taste test. A mate of mine in Townsville (years ago) used to make a Coopers brew (I called it Nitro) - if you knocked off a 2 litre bottle of it you were flat out wobbling your way down the hallway to the bedroom. Sounds like a good recipe!

It'sNotWorthComplaining!
25th December 2010, 04:42 PM
1 can of Coopers lager
300ml Honey
1kg sugar.
Andrew
He might have just said that to be polite and not offend you (aka taking the mickie out of you)

The only way to really test if it is any good s too send a bottle to all AULRO members, I'm sure we can give you accurate independant feedback:D:D:D:D
Of course we will all do this as a free service to help you out;)

Bigbjorn
25th December 2010, 05:30 PM
That would not be terribly strong, Andrew. What did it test out at? I am guessing 5.0 to 5.5%

robbotd5
25th December 2010, 06:14 PM
Yeah mate, send me a bottle (x24!!) and I'll send you my expert (drip under pressure) opinion.
Regards
Robbo
Ps: How's black betty coming along??

LandyAndy
28th December 2010, 07:42 PM
That would not be terribly strong, Andrew. What did it test out at? I am guessing 5.0 to 5.5%

I havent taken hydrometer readings for years Brian.5% would be tops,dont need strong beer in summer.
Andrew

Bigbjorn
29th December 2010, 07:28 AM
I havent taken hydrometer readings for years Brian.5% would be tops,dont need strong beer in summer.
Andrew

I always took readings and calculated the % alcohol. Likewise I always made the stuff pretty strong. I didn't see the point in all that work to make lolly water.

I only make one or two batches a year nowadays as I am pretty well off the grog due to weight and health problems. Not supposed to drink when you have to take warfarin. I used to make a batch of 32 bottles every fortnight.

It'sNotWorthComplaining!
1st January 2011, 12:45 AM
Not supposed to drink when you have to take warfarin. I used to make a batch of 32 bottles every fortnight.

I had a mate called Ferret, Ferret was on the TPI pension, he would drink a slab a day some weeks, until the $ ran out. Depression and self pity was the reason
One day I said to Ferret "your an alcoholic"!. The next time i saw him, some of it must have sunk in what I called him, it was causing fights with his wife over no money for food etc..He told me I was right, he was now on the LA 2.2 light. Still a slab, I said to him "ferret your still an alco"
to which he replied" no I'M not!!!, I'm drinking light
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Bigbjorn
1st January 2011, 01:11 AM
I had a mate called Ferret, Ferret was on the TPI pension, he would drink a slab a day some weeks, until the $ ran out. Depression and self pity was the reason
One day I said to Ferret "your an alcoholic"!. The next time i saw him, some of it must have sunk in what I called him, it was causing fights with his wife over no money for food etc..He told me I was right, he was now on the LA 2.2 light. Still a slab, I said to him "ferret your still an alco"
to which he replied" no I'M not!!!, I'm drinking light
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

On the very generous Vets Affairs TPI he could nearly afford that habit. If he was on the civilian DSS Disability Pension he would be drinking the cheapest Chateau Cardboard Fruity Lexia on special that fortnight.

It'sNotWorthComplaining!
1st January 2011, 08:29 PM
On the very generous Vets Affairs TPI he could nearly afford that habit. If he was on the civilian DSS Disability Pension he would be drinking the cheapest Chateau Cardboard Fruity Lexia on special that fortnight.
No he was on the civvy TPI, it nearly broke the marriage.