PDA

View Full Version : A braid bargain

LandyAndy
8th January 2011, 10:36 PM
Went to Ananaconda today and had a win.
My old "war horse" and favorite reel,a Shakspheare Sigma 080 aproaching 30 years old needed a re-spool due to a few really bad birds nests and casting snap offs.(new leader knot has fexed both issues).
I wanted to load it with 20lb braid as my Penn 950SS has 60lb braid,there is still plenty on good braid left on the Sigma,will be going on a smaller reel.
Anaconda had 40% off fishing line.
I grabed a 300yd roll of Finns Spectra braid $73 shelf price.
Head to the counter,pimply faced young girl couldnt get it to scan at all,manually put the numbers in and said $62 please.
I told here that cant be correct as its 40% off and showed her their cattledog.She fumbled with a calculator for AGES,whilst the que grew longer.This girlies favorite subject wasnt mathmatics.
In the end she settled upon $24.20 for the braid,around the 60% off mark????
Andrew

stuee
15th January 2011, 11:57 AM
Went to Ananaconda today and had a win.
My old "war horse" and favorite reel,a Shakspheare Sigma 080 aproaching 30 years old needed a re-spool due to a few really bad birds nests and casting snap offs.(new leader knot has fexed both issues).
I wanted to load it with 20lb braid as my Penn 950SS has 60lb braid,there is still plenty on good braid left on the Sigma,will be going on a smaller reel.
Anaconda had 40% off fishing line.
I grabed a 300yd roll of Finns Spectra braid $73 shelf price.
Head to the counter,pimply faced young girl couldnt get it to scan at all,manually put the numbers in and said $62 please.
I told here that cant be correct as its 40% off and showed her their cattledog.She fumbled with a calculator for AGES,whilst the que grew longer.This girlies favorite subject wasnt mathmatics.
In the end she settled upon $24.20 for the braid,around the 60% off mark????
Andrew

Nice score!!

austastar
7th February 2011, 06:42 PM
Hi,
so the big 'A' is not the best place to go for advice then?

cheers