PDA

View Full Version : Avalon Airshow

kaa45
26th February 2011, 09:11 AM
Getting very noisey around here.....:o the Airshow is on again.:D Echos straight across the water.:eek:

Homestar
26th February 2011, 09:22 AM
Gee, I never thought about how far the noise would carry, I wouldn't have thought it would go that far, but they are some bloody noisy beasts in the air at the moment. I would be better if I wasn't working at the Airshow this morning...:p

Wasn't supposed to be here until Monday....

kaa45
26th February 2011, 12:18 PM
Not that far, about 15km SE of Avalon straight across Corio Bay. Front row seat really. A lot of the planes do their turns over the bay right on top of us.

VladTepes
26th February 2011, 12:40 PM
Righto anyone attending.. we expect LOTS of pics and videos ! Good ones.

I hear there may be an F-22 there as a static display. I would have thought this unlikely but time will tell.

steveG
26th February 2011, 12:56 PM
Couldn't tell what type it was, but something low and fast almost directly over our place a few times this morning practicing his display.
We're in Lara - about 5km in a direct line from Avalon.

Kaa45 - you'll see the other end of it from your place as it then climbs vertical over Avalon with smoke before rolling off at the top :D

Steve

kaa45
26th February 2011, 02:15 PM
Couldn't tell what type it was, but something low and fast almost directly over our place a few times this morning practicing his display.
We're in Lara - about 5km in a direct line from Avalon.

Kaa45 - you'll see the other end of it from your place as it then climbs vertical over Avalon with smoke before rolling off at the top :D

Steve

Yep, was watching it. Yesterday was a better display, although a bit cloudy so he kept disappearing. :eek:

Homestar
26th February 2011, 05:40 PM
Righto anyone attending.. we expect LOTS of pics and videos ! Good ones.

See what I can do. I'll be 'working' down there most of the week... Well, watching others work really.:p

waynep
1st March 2011, 02:38 PM
One of the F22 Raptors has arrived. ( will be two there apparently )

VladTepes
1st March 2011, 04:50 PM
and still no pics ?

Homestar
1st March 2011, 05:16 PM
One of the F22 Raptors has arrived. ( will be two there apparently )

Yep - 2 flew in last night - pics are on the other Avalon airshow thread.