PDA

View Full Version : Quality Kyocera panels on special (not quite half price) - 135W 22v

spudboy
7th March 2011, 07:35 PM
I've been searching around for a single solar panel for the top of my 130 canopy, and it seems that there are a number excellent quality brands like Sharp and Kyocera, and a whole lot of cheapies.

Thought I'd start with 80W, but after a few conversations with various solar shop people decided I needed over 100W, so started looking for something suitable.

Found these Kyocera 135W panels which retail for $1190 out on special for $600 incl GST and delivered: https://www.planetearthsolar.com.au/show_prod.php?class_id=spl&prod_id=KD135SX-1PU

The bloke who runs the place even likes Land Rovers as he prepped one to drive from UK to Australia, and he made it simple for a non-solar type like me. Excellent advice for no extra cost!

No idea how long they will be on special, but at that price I thought it was a better bet than getting a eBay "no-name" panel.

Cheers
David

Mandrake
23rd March 2011, 02:10 PM
140 watt Mono crystalline efficiency rated at 16.5% for $560 less 5% AULRO discount = $532 plus $50 freight to SA ...
Pretty close I'd say ...

Cheers

Steve

TerryO
8th April 2011, 06:36 AM
I was speaking with a local solar installer (house) recently about where to buy good quality panels cheap and he was of the opinion that panel prices would soon come down dramatically as sales of panels had fallen greatly and there was a over supply in the country and installers were having to drop margins to get the few available jobs.

Still these things go in cycles and eventually prices usually end up going back up as demand increases.

Still having said that I will keep looking for a bit longer.

cheers,
Terry

spudboy
8th April 2011, 07:30 AM
We had Solar put on the farm back when there was a good subsidy from the govt (18 months ago).

Between the time that we put the order in, and the time they were delivered (about 10 weeks) the price had dropped such that our original order of 40 panels was installed as 44 panels for the same price. So a 10% drop in about 10 weeks.

If we were doing it today, no doubt they'd be even cheaper (except the subsidy is not so good these days...)

philco
19th April 2011, 09:40 PM
Most solar panels are about the same price, should only pay between $1.85 to $2.20 per watt.

Gazz
21st April 2011, 10:30 PM
about right, on ebay at least

Most solar panels are about the same price, should only pay between $1.85 to $2.20 per watt.

philco
26th April 2011, 01:39 PM
Most of the big manufacturers are trying to get rid of the panels under 200 watt as they are now producing 225 to 250 watt panels, so the price will drop a little more as they clear stock.
by the end of the year you will see more 225 to 250 watt panels for sale.

TerryO
7th July 2011, 12:37 PM
I've been searching around for a single solar panel for the top of my 130 canopy, and it seems that there are a number excellent quality brands like Sharp and Kyocera, and a whole lot of cheapies.

Found these Kyocera 135W panels which retail for $1190 out on special for $600 incl GST and delivered: https://www.planetearthsolar.com.au/show_prod.php?class_id=spl&prod_id=KD135SX-1PU

No idea how long they will be on special, but at that price I thought it was a better bet than getting a eBay "no-name" panel.

Cheers
David

These 135w Kyocera panels from Planet Earth Solar (as Paul originally linked to above) are now just over $500 which is another sizable reduction for what is considered as one of the best made solar panels available.

cheers,
Terry

Lotz-A-Landies
7th July 2011, 12:59 PM
Can you get thinner panels than the ones usually on houses?

On a similar subject, I read last week that Tata Steel was about to produce or are producing steel cladding coated with photovoltaic nano-particles. If they could do it on aluminium, we could use the cladding of the canopy or camper body to double up as a solar panel. (I guess it would have to be insulated somehow).

spudboy
7th July 2011, 03:35 PM
These 135w Kyocera panels from Planet Earth Solar as Paul originally above are now just over $500 which is another sizable reduction for what is considered as one of the best made solar panels available.

cheers,
Terry

Gawd - it's like buying computers.....

Looks like I got them too early :(

Still - I was happy with the original discount, and it works very nicely.