PDA

View Full Version : Fitting UHF to RRS

steverrs
11th April 2011, 06:26 PM
Hi,
I want to know if anyone has fitted a 2010 RRS with a UHF antenae. If so where did you fit it so as not to damage the body work with the vibration of the bracket.
I was thinking of fitting the antenea onto the roof section where the roof rack would go. There is a plastic strip that could be removed and it could be fitted there. Also possibly out of the plastic vent on the side of the left front mudguard.
Any ideas please.
Steve

Ashes
11th April 2011, 06:48 PM
I'll assume the bonnet area is very similar with the D3 and RRS. Have a look on the drivers side or passenger side under the bonnet. You will see some channels and some mounting holes. You can mount a bracket there and there will be clearance between the bonnet and side panel of the car.

101RRS
11th April 2011, 07:25 PM
I asked the same question a few months back and got heaps of options. Do a search of the RRS section and you should find it.

Garry

walc100
11th April 2011, 10:03 PM
Glass mount on the windscreen if range isnt too much of a concern - I have resorted to a mag mount for long trips when we're likey to have some gaps on the highway stages

Only problem with the RRS is finding a piece of glass without wires - my only option was he windscreen - more cost and work when replacing the windscreen.

Matthew

steverrs
12th April 2011, 03:23 AM
Walc100, Thats a great idea as Being an ex panelbeater I have seen so many damaged bonnets from rubbing arial anteneas. Any idea what type of magnetic mount as I've never usd this type of thing before, I will google it.
Thanks
Steve

Mike_S
12th April 2011, 05:38 PM
I have the additional roof rails on mine for the roof rack, the aerial wire runs underneath the roof rail and pops out through the plastic end cap to run down the roof rack to the antenna. I don't use the rack so the aerial is mounted on the roof rail. All the wires are hidden under the roof rail and exterior windscreen trim. All done by LR (bit heath robinson but it works)