PDA

View Full Version : My Discovery 4 has been Stolen!!!

DB4
22nd June 2011, 06:48 PM
Two nights ago my house was broken into (whilst my family and I were asleep upstairs) amongst other things they managed to find my car keys and take the car:mad:. I wonder if I could ask fellow owners to keep an eye out for this distinctive vehicle. I have attached a recent picture
It’s an MY10 Nara Bronze 3.0 TDV6 HSE Discovery 4 with Land Rover roof rack, raised air intake, nudge bar and driving lights and a Mitch Hitch. The only difference between the stolen car and this picture is it currently has a different set of wheels with road tyres on.
Rego: BNI 35W
I know it’s a long shot but any help would be appreciated.
Many thanks
https://www.aulro.com/afvb/

WhiteD3
22nd June 2011, 06:54 PM
DB4, I feel your pain having been broken into twice in May. Luckily for me they ignored the D3 in the garage.

My (obvious) advice? Beef up security and hope the car's either gone forever or found written off. :( Last thing you want back is a left over from a ram raid.

newhue
22nd June 2011, 07:02 PM
Sorry to hear DB4. Good looking car there, will keep and eye out in Brisbane for what it's worth.

It sounds like upgrade the security big time. Scary to be home when the useless turds are in the house.

disco_thrasher
23rd June 2011, 08:50 AM
i thought the D4 had satelite tracking in them

Grumbles
23rd June 2011, 11:31 AM
That is just awful and I am glad that they didn't hurt you or your family. Still - I suppose you have a sense of violation. Hope you get your car back quickly and intact.

Tombie
23rd June 2011, 11:54 AM
That is just awful and I am glad that they didn't hurt you or your family. Still - I suppose you have a sense of violation. Hope you get your car back quickly and intact.

Having been through this 3 times I feel your pain...

But... I hope you were fully insured and the vehicle is burnt to the ground ;)
Nothing worse than the niggling problems of a thrashed / stolen / recovered vehicle...

Better it be destroyed and replaced :angel:

Dorko
23rd June 2011, 02:54 PM
Devo! thats one good looking Disco!

As Tombie said, hopefully its never found or its burnt. Wouldnt want back a trashed new disco... :(

richard4u2
23rd June 2011, 03:16 PM
sorry to hear that i hope it all works out fine for you , i think i will now keep the keys to the cars in the bed room or a container on the dogs collar

TomBrulinski
23rd June 2011, 04:45 PM
Sorry to hear that. Must really suck. Ill keep a eye out on carsales and ebay. This has made me realise that keeping an old Jaguar on the front lawn is not a good idea...

Grover-98
23rd June 2011, 05:27 PM
For what is worth i will keep an eye out up here in Newcastle!

James.

Barefoot Dave
23rd June 2011, 06:14 PM
Mongrels!

Eyes peeled and ears to the ground in Brizvegas

Dave.

DB4
23rd June 2011, 06:31 PM
i thought the D4 had satelite tracking in them

Unfortunately satellite tracking is only available in the UK :(

Graeme
23rd June 2011, 07:10 PM
i think i will now keep the keys to the cars in the bed room or a container on the dogs collar
Hmm, they can take my keys and car if they have to but don't come looking for me for the keys.

Tombie
23rd June 2011, 09:15 PM
sorry to hear that i hope it all works out fine for you , i think i will now keep the keys to the cars in the bed room or a container on the dogs collar

You don't want that mate... Unless you're a very light sleeper and have a 9 under your pillow.

If they hadn't found the keys quickly they often come to 'ask' you for them.

Disco_owner
24th June 2011, 10:25 AM
sorry to hear DB4 , that's a well kitted out Disco4 , Hope it works out for you mate.

DB4
25th June 2011, 08:36 AM
Thanks for all your kind comments. I am certainly increasing the security in my house!

It's still my preference to have the vehicle returned as the Insurance will do nothing more than pay out the finance leaving me with nothing!

No news as yet, I have attached a couple more pictures (the picture in the sand has the wheels and tyres that were on the vehicle when it was stolen)

WhiteD3
25th June 2011, 10:26 AM
DB4, just a thought for you. When I took out the lease (Westpac) on the D4 I took the option to insure the lease payout in the first year. This is separate from the car insurance. If you did the same perhaps you could approach your insurer for some sort of settlement to cover your costs.

Jhonno
25th June 2011, 06:39 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss, hopefully the culprits make a mistake and spend sometime deprived of their liberty.

scarry
25th June 2011, 08:26 PM
deprived of their liberty.

I hope the scumbags get a lot worse than that.....

If the do end up inside,it's not much more than a holiday camp:mad:

DB4
29th June 2011, 04:42 PM
The car has now been located :)

according to the Police it is "intact":question:

Will not know its condition until after forensics (a couple of days)

Thanks for everyone's help.

Xtreme
29th June 2011, 04:59 PM
Glad to hear of the recovery - I hope it is all OK.

BTW - your last photo in your post of 25th June, location looks like the Victorian High country, but where exactly is it? Along the ridge east of Lovick's Hut?

DB4
30th June 2011, 11:42 AM
Glad to hear of the recovery - I hope it is all OK.

BTW - your last photo in your post of 25th June, location looks like the Victorian High country, but where exactly is it? Along the ridge east of Lovick's Hut?

The picture was taken on the Blue Rag Range Track Easter 2011

alexturner
7th July 2011, 08:22 PM
Two nights ago my house was broken into (whilst my family and I were asleep upstairs) amongst other things they managed to find my car keys and take the car:mad:. I wonder if I could ask fellow owners to keep an eye out for this distinctive vehicle. I have attached a recent picture
It’s an MY10 Nara Bronze 3.0 TDV6 HSE Discovery 4 with Land Rover roof rack, raised air intake, nudge bar and driving lights and a Mitch Hitch. The only difference between the stolen car and this picture is it currently has a different set of wheels with road tyres on.
Rego: BNI 35W
I know it’s a long shot but any help would be appreciated.
Many thanks
http://www.aulro.com/afvb/attachment.php?attachmentid=36932&stc=1&d=1308735776

I'll keep an eye out for you mate! Block them in with my 110 and take care of them. They're probably not driving it around unfortunately :( Where in Sydney was it stolen from?

Larry
8th July 2011, 05:53 PM
I'll keep an eye out for you mate! Block them in with my 110 and take care of them. They're probably not driving it around unfortunately :( Where in Sydney was it stolen from?

See post #20. :angel:

Nomad9
9th September 2011, 09:55 AM
Hi Richard,
Friend of mine had a Holden Maloo ute, he used to hide the keys, the thieves actually woke him up with a cricket bat and they forced him to tell them were the keys were, so sometimes hiding the keys isn't the best plan. If the vehicle gets burnt and you and your family are safe this is the best outcome.
Look at all the fun getting a new one, not much solace I know but as others have mentioned getting back a vehicle that has been abused and possibly had nasty things done inside it you are best with a new one.
Nice looking bus, like the colour......... Everything happens for a reason, sometimes it isn't easy to figure out the reason, there will be one.
Chin up and off to the dealer, they'll be waiting for you.

Basil135
7th December 2011, 06:18 PM
The car has now been located :)

according to the Police it is "intact":question:

Will not know its condition until after forensics (a couple of days)

Thanks for everyone's help.

Any update on this?