PDA

View Full Version : I Strayed, but I'm Back

Redback
15th August 2011, 09:05 AM
Well for the last few months I have been trying differant recipies, none have been working as I expected, I have also been trying different brands of wort kits, Mangrove Jacks, Blackrock, Muntons, ESB and so on, with only one working as well as I wanted, that being the Brewers Selction kits from the St Peters brewary and one English red Ale kit I did.

To say I have been disapointed is an understatement and well, the money and time I have wasted just ****es me off, so 2 weeks ago I decided to go back to basics, buy 2 kits, one Cooper Sparkling Ale and one Mangroves Jack a good yeast and sugars and brew them like I used to when I first started brewing, I added Rice malt to the Mangroves, with saflager s23
and the Coopers I used a No 20 Malt Plus, a blend of 250gm maltodextrin, 500gm of dry light malt and 250gm dextrose, using the Safele 04 yeast, these turned out very well with the Sparkling Ale being perfect, actually the Sparkling ale has to be one of the best beers I have made.

With this success, I have put down another Coopers kit (Thomas Cooper selection IPA) but I have added a mini mash to it, I've never done this before and after tasting one at my local brew shop, I'm really looking forward to tasting it.

So I'm back, sorry Mr Cooper for straying;)

For the life of me, I don't know what I have been doing wrong, I haven't changed anything that I can think of, apart from trying differant sugar malt combinations, anyway so far so good, hopefuly the next lot will be as good as the last 2.

Baz.

wrinklearthur
15th August 2011, 09:31 AM
Hic ~~~ :twobeers: :spudnikparty::Thump:

Beers and Cheers Arthur

ramblingboy42
20th August 2011, 10:46 PM
Baz, are you in the Coopers Club? If so, theyd be delighted to hear your story. If not you should join, they would be delighted to hear your story. Other members would be delighted to hear your story. I am.
Dennis

Redback
30th August 2011, 05:22 PM
Well the IPA with the mini mash is a resounding success:beer::MileStone:

Baz.