PDA

View Full Version : Another sucker

John L322
10th November 2011, 03:59 PM
Hello all, I have recently bought a 2002 RR TD6 HSE as a second vehicle for towing. It has high k's 244K, but being diesel shouldn't be a problem. Then I read a lot of posts regarding the tranmission. Looks like I need to change the oil as per the research here.
It also needs rear rotors, passenger cup holder, and rocker cover breather replaced.
Previously I had a defender 130 for 11 years and found the stealers created more problems than fixed, then I found an independant operator in Perth that solved all issues. I will be going back to him. Also being Rover there will always be something to fix, so I might just leave the cup holder alone.
I did 500k on the weekend touring around and was impressed with the vehicle. Drives well and does not seem to have any issues other than standard wear and tare. I also believe it to be chipped as there is performance graphs, before and after with it as well. How do you tell? All paper work was with it as well, full service history.
My current work vehicle is a Toyota TDV8 which drive well but give me the Rover.
Just like to say thanks for the forum and the info within. Though I will back it up with additional data. It is an excellent start.
Thanks all.:)

Homestar
10th November 2011, 04:55 PM
Welcom to the Forum.:)

Glad to see you prefer the RR to the toyota, they are a great car... When they work... :p

Only joking, transmission aside, they seem to be a fairly reliable machine.

Cheers - Gav

vnx205
10th November 2011, 05:41 PM
I did 500k on the weekend touring around and was impressed with the vehicle.

That must have been a busy weekend. Was that 500,000 miles or kilometres? :p

John L322
11th November 2011, 03:40 PM
No only 500 klms. I didn't know the rovers were also a tardis:D

Some time was needed to indulge in refreshments.