PDA

View Full Version : Tinting

JarrahJack
29th November 2011, 01:54 PM
One thing that my RR needs, especially at this time of year, is window tinting. Those big windows let in heaps of light.

I am about to get some quotes. Has anyone got tinting recently? and what was the cost. I am in WA so would like some recommendations, mainly to avoid my door cards being destroyed by someone ham-fisted.

Also is there any specific things to tell the installer about, such as the antennas in the quarter windows?

Thanks

Jack

boofdtl
29th November 2011, 07:30 PM
Were abouts are you??

Me not a wake

seano87
29th November 2011, 09:06 PM
I recently had a car done at TKO in Carlisle. Couldn't fault them and I went there based on word of mouth myself.

Price wise, I didn't have a Landy done, but they were cheaper by 10-20% compared to franchises (tint-a-car, solace etc), and only waited 2 days before they could do it.

Very straight up with letting you know your options, legalities of various tints.

I would use them every time again if I ever needed another vehicle tinted.

Seano

tomisawesome
29th November 2011, 09:43 PM
TKO has a very very good reputation around perth in the show car scene. lots of Hollywood cars getting around that have been done by his shop.

have used Daine at Tint a Car, pretty sure he is at the Morley branch these days. very picky about the quality of his work.

Camo
30th November 2011, 06:53 PM
Got mine tinted yesterday.

Very happy with the job. I got 1 shade darker than legal. Is perfect IMO. Not too dark at night.

Was 300 bucks at supertint with a decent warranty

Camo

https://www.aulro.com/afvb/images/imported/2011/11/1.jpg