PDA

View Full Version : Torque values

uninformed
27th January 2012, 01:09 PM
Hey all,

does anyone have a table or list of torque values/settings for socket cap bolts into steel and aluminium based on dia of bolt.

Im rebuilding some nail guns and would prefer to do it with some sort of principle rather than just bloody tight.

cheers,
Serg

rick130
27th January 2012, 02:14 PM
Serg, have a look on the SPS Unbrako and/or Holokrome sites.

My bike stuff going into aluminium is low low low tensions.

I use my inch/lb tension wrench on it and some of the small threads like 3 and 4mm are unbelievably low.

uninformed
27th January 2012, 02:25 PM
hmmmm, I would think these maybe not as high as steel or the 12.9 value of the bolt, but they wouldnt be light either...upto 110psi running into and stored in the gun.

On another note, the Japs like their O rings....15 in one gun :eek: and there really isnt alot of moving parts.....

the sizes and type im looking at are:

5mm- 3 of, within 25mm of each other fastening the end cap on the bottom of the handle, this has the air fitting taped in it (will see air pressure)

6mm- 4 of, about 60mm spacing holding on the end housing that has a bumper for the piston to return against and has the exhaust outlet

8mm- 4 of, about 60mm spacing fastening the cast nose section that has the piston come up against it on nail driving and guides the drive pin for nail.