PDA

View Full Version : How to fix a radiator in the bush

timbo
8th March 2012, 10:28 PM
Courtesy of Bush Mechanics.

How to fix your radiator on the road - YouTube

It'sNotWorthComplaining!
11th March 2012, 09:27 PM
I didn't know Aboriginals in native tongue even had words for battery, hub cap radiator. :confused:

harry
11th March 2012, 10:11 PM
don't let the truth get in the way of a good story.

and where would you find a car with hubcaps?
let alone walking ten feet from the car to find a battery.

John W
11th March 2012, 10:51 PM
I didn't know Aboriginals in native tongue even had words for battery, hub cap radiator. :confused:

So exactly what then were they saying? Probably talking to the film crew something like "a land rover owner will think this is funny and post it in AULRO , others don't get our humour so put any thing you like in the subtitles!

Yorkshire_Jon
15th March 2012, 03:02 PM
I like it!

The African version, of which I have 1st hand experience and confirm it works, inlcudes a bar of soap, dried coffee and a handful of dried donkey poo.

Mix together, pour into radiator and remove pressure spring in base of rad cap. Once everything is back upto temp all holes seal and away you go. Lasted me for several thousand km's on a 2.5NA D SIII!

rick130
15th March 2012, 04:09 PM
Cracking an egg into the radiator or pouring pepper into it works too.

All oldies but they get you out of strife.

harry
15th March 2012, 06:09 PM
I like it!

The African version, of which I have 1st hand experience and confirm it works, inlcudes a bar of soap, dried coffee and a handful of dried donkey poo.

Mix together, pour into radiator and remove pressure spring in base of rad cap. Once everything is back upto temp all holes seal and away you go. Lasted me for several thousand km's on a 2.5NA D SIII!

so when you break down , be sure to be near some donkey poo.

oh crap, there's never a donkey around when you need one.

would horse **** work instead?

Ivan
16th March 2012, 10:52 AM

No you need to be outside a Coffe shop with Donkeys out back and next door to a Chemist. Then you will have all you need to repair your radiator. Or you could carry a bag of Donkey poo in the back just in case. :p

Ivan

Davo
19th March 2012, 02:00 PM

Maybe not, but they're speaking Language alright.

It'sNotWorthComplaining!
22nd March 2012, 08:00 PM

Talking dung.
Reminds me when I was younger and couple of mates went camping in the Barmah forest along the Murray river.
Come night fall we were absolutey being eaten by mossies , I mean enough to bring tears to your eyes stuff, mossies bites on mossie bites.
we scavenges around looking for dry Cow dung in the dark with torches, only found horse dung. lit a fire and tried horse dung, didn't work.
We were drained dry the next morning. We spend the night huddled together in the front seat of the ute to escape the swarm

timbo
24th March 2012, 03:17 PM
"What's wrong?"

"The crossmember fell off"

Classic!

Bush Mechanics 1962 EJ Holden Part 1/2 - YouTube