PDA

View Full Version : Is it any wonder we don't support the locals

Ivan
11th March 2012, 08:22 AM
I am looking for a new set of tyres for my D3. However, they need to be 19" as I can't afford a new set of rims as well. So I went to the two big local franchises (BJ T mart and Tyre Power) here on the Peninsula. I asked for a price on a set of 255x55x19 AT tyres. The tyre power place said sorry there is nothing that will fit apart from a highway tyre "owners of those cars don't take them offroad". Now I know I can get the General Grabber in the correct size in an AT pattern and I mentioned this to him. "Nahh sorry you have heard wrong they don't make them in that size". So I left and went to BJ's and asked the same question only to be told "Nahh they only do the Pirelli AT for that car".
I then rang JaxQuickFit (sp?) in Brisbane, "Yep we can do you a GG AT in a 255x55x19 for $298 fitted and balanced each"!!!

It seems that if you don't have a Toyota or Nissan then it's no use shopping for tyres on the Peninsula.

Ivan

Fred Nerk
11th March 2012, 08:58 AM
It is one of the greatest causes of frustration. People who don't know the answer to a question, but make up an answer and are wrong. If a tyre seller can't or won't tell you the facts they are ignorant at best and dishonest at worst.

All tyres are made overseas. There is no need to feel disloyal if shopping down the road.

Lotz-A-Landies
11th March 2012, 10:52 AM
Ivan

My 19" GG ATs were fitted last week on my dealers account by the local Bob Jane T Mart they took 3 days to get them from Melbourne up to Sydney, maybe you should go back and tell your BJ T mart to contact the head office about the tyres. (Otherwise the phone no for the BJ franchise at Blakehurst was: (02) 9547 2344 give them that)

Diana

Ivan
26th March 2012, 09:26 AM
The saga continues. JaxQuickfit (Aspley branch) confirmed they could supply and fit the tyres. Phoned them last week to arrange to get the car booked in. Asked if they had the tyres yet and was told no, waiting for the delivery truck, will give you a call. Waited all day and no phone call so phoned them back. Sorry the delivery truck is running late today, should be here about 2:30pm will give you a call. No phone call so called them back again. Tyres were not on the truck will ring the company to find out why and call you back. This was Thursday afternoon. No phone call by Friday evening!!
So Sat AM phoned the Bowen Hills branch, they confirmed they could supply and fit at the same price. They will give me a call on Monday to let me know when I can bring the car in. Got a phone call 20 minutes later telling me they had found the tyres and what day did I want to bring the car in!!! Now that's what I call service!! I also asked for a wheel alignment and mentioned it was a D3 and had to be set to tight tolerance mode. They replied that it was no problem as they had an arrangement with Austral Landrover. That made me feel much better as they obviously know what they are talking about.
Anyway I will get the tyres fitted Thursday.
I can't understand how a Franchise can afford to turn down $1500's worth of business. He is obviously doing a lot better than I am!!!

Ivan

incisor
26th March 2012, 09:43 AM
I can't understand how a Franchise can afford to turn down $1500's worth of business. He is obviously doing a lot better than I am!!!
maybe instinct kicked in and he wanted out :p

dominicbeirne
3rd April 2012, 09:30 PM
The saga continues. JaxQuickfit ... Bowen Hills branch, they confirmed they could supply and fit at the same price.... They replied that it was no problem as they had an arrangement with Austral Landrover.

Similar experience for me. Beaurepaires had no idea nor did Tyres 4 More But the guys at Jax were great. One call for pricing and booking. Gave full explanation of all codes as first set of replacement tyres. In Austral the other day they told me they don't work with Jax anymore though. Gives me the screamings because now everything will take twice as long, not going to ignore a shop that gives good service at a very reasonable price, they were 15% cheaper then the others.

Cheers

Dom