PDA

View Full Version : BMW Wheels

Geedublya
19th March 2012, 08:56 AM
All you BMW wheel users, please confirm for me that these (http://www.brandsport.com/grla-68148.html) are the correct wheel nuts. I now have 4 17" BMW wheels, just have to pick up another 4 at the right price and I'm set.

Redback
19th March 2012, 09:06 AM
Yep they are the ones.

Kerry bid on those BMW wheels, but missed her second bid on them:(

BTW with the centre caps they come apart and you can remove the logo, just paint them black and re-fit.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/bazzar/DSC00307.jpg

Baz.

Graeme
19th March 2012, 11:29 AM
just have to pick up another 4Do you need another 4 or perhaps just 2? Are they the same pattern as Redbacks?

Geedublya
19th March 2012, 02:14 PM
Hi Graeme, I need another 2. They are the same pattern as Redbacks. It looks like I outbid Kerry to win the set I got, which I understand you were to have one of.:o

I may even look at getting the older pattern if needed or wait patiently for another set in this pattern. I'm sure we can come to some arrangement in the future so we are not bidding against each other.

Graeme
19th March 2012, 04:56 PM
I only need another 1 or possibly 2 in case 1 gets damaged if I get to upgrade my van's chassis and suspension. I have no interest in a different pattern - I currently have 2 without tyres so am in no hurry.

jonesy63
20th March 2012, 10:44 AM
Does anyone know what the weight rating on those particular BMW wheels are?
Thanks,
Rob

101RRS
7th June 2012, 11:55 AM
Why do you need the linked nuts and can you get them in Aust?

If I get them from the linked site - any idea of the postage - the cost of the nuts at about $1.10 each seems good.

Also are there any other issues in fitting the BMW wheels. I was originally looking at BFG MT KMs but they might be tad big if the car went down to the bump stops. Also the quoted price of $370 is a bit much. Maxxis Bighorn Muddies in 255/65R17 are the same rolling diameter as the 255/60/18 Wranglers so I could keep my 18" spare and I can get the Maxxis tyres fitted for about $270.

Cheers

Garry

Graeme
7th June 2012, 12:34 PM
Hi Garry,
Those nuts provide the necessary number of threads made possible by their extended shanks. Normal acorn-style nuts only provide about 6 threads with the X5 rims, which is by no means legal and D3 studs have been stripped from overtightened standard acorn nuts. The extended shanks fit neatly inside unmodified X5 rims and provide at least an extra 3 threads.

I was unable to procure nuts from within Australia. 1 supplier thought he could supply but still needed to import them specifically. Both he and I gave-up at about the same time due to them not forthcoming but I later discovered appropriate nuts in the USA. I can't recall postage but the overall landed price was still quite inexpensive compared with sets of nuts for mags etc available locally.

101RRS
7th June 2012, 12:55 PM
Thanks - I have now ordered the ones listed in the original post.

Garry

Geedublya
7th June 2012, 04:14 PM
They will wonder what is going on as I ordered 26 today as well.

kingo
7th June 2012, 09:01 PM
Hi Gary

I have done the same thinglast year, bought the same nuts and fitted a set of Maxxis Bighorns 265/70/17 and so far very pleased. They are currently on the car as I had a trip over Mt Hotham 2 weeks ago.

Hope all goes well, let us know what tyres you go for.

Cheers

Andrew