PDA

View Full Version : Starter / stalling problem

Gavw
20th March 2012, 01:32 PM
Hi,

I have a holden 186 powered series 2a which would not start the other day it just made one slight click, I tried jumping it using the wifes car but no luck. in the end we managed to push start the engine but it stalled the recovery guy said it was the starter motor and we push started it again and headed for home. she ran fine until i took my foot off the acelerator then she stalled so i would jump it again (lucky for me this happened downhill all three times). If it is the starter moter like the recovery guy suggested why would it stall after taking the foot off the gas ?? I am going to check all the electrical connections today, hopefully i will find something, Any help would be appreciated.

A very frustrated 2a owner
;)

bee utey
20th March 2012, 03:01 PM
Bloimey, troubles can come in twos, even threes. They don't need to be related. :angel:

Once you have a working starter motor check the carby isn't coming apart at the base and losing its idle function. There are two Philips head screws holding the middle bit to the throttle base in a standard Holden carby and should be easy to nip up.

Gavw
22nd March 2012, 09:56 PM
Thanks for that, i looked at the carb last night and there is what looks like fuel leaking from it which makes sense to why she kept stalling.