PDA

View Full Version : Side Steps.

geodon
8th May 2012, 07:14 PM
As my 2A takes shape, Mother has expressed alarm at the height she must scale for entry & egress.

I offered to supply a box attached to a brightly coloured lanyard that she can use to raise & lower it into & from the cabin but that was met with disdain! I don't know why. Years ago, we had an identical (and successful) arrangement for a wheel chock on our Ford D-Series horse truck because of a recaltitrant ratchet applied handbrake.

Anyway, I spied these thingies on line. Has anyone got one? Where do they attach? The chassis rails or that strut under the door?

AND how do they fit if there are sill panels??

PM417 | Side Step (folding) with rubber treadplate - LH - all series (http://www.paddockspares.com/pm417-side-step-folding-with-rubber-treadplate-lh-all-series.html)

drifter
8th May 2012, 07:25 PM
I have them under the front doors and the rear door on my 2a stationwagon.

If I remember the next time I get the camera out, I'll take pics of how they mount.

juddy
8th May 2012, 07:42 PM
As my 2A takes shape, Mother has expressed alarm at the height she must scale for entry & egress.

I offered to supply a box attached to a brightly coloured lanyard that she can use to raise & lower it into & from the cabin but that was met with disdain! I don't know why. Years ago, we had an identical (and successful) arrangement for a wheel chock on our Ford D-Series horse truck because of a recaltitrant ratchet applied handbrake.

Anyway, I spied these thingies on line. Has anyone got one? Where do they attach? The chassis rails or that strut under the door?

AND how do they fit if there are sill panels??

PM417 | Side Step (folding) with rubber treadplate - LH - all series (http://www.paddockspares.com/pm417-side-step-folding-with-rubber-treadplate-lh-all-series.html)

These are not genuine steps, but Chinese copy's, genuine ones are closer to 200 per step. Depends on how original you want to be. These are really for the defender.