PDA

View Full Version : D3/RRS - HIDs

101RRS
10th May 2012, 07:22 PM
Last year I bought a set of HIDs to put in my RRS but have not put them in. Recently I became aware that the halogens were in fact similar to the Bi Xenons fitted as an option in that the Halogens are Bi Halogen with high/low beam in the lamp with the projector and the other high beam (also halogen in Bi Xenons) just a fill in lamp.

So I need to put in a Hi/Lo HID system to replace the Hi/Lo Halogen Bulb.

So can someone recommend a 55W 4300K H7 Hi/Lo HID system that will work. I have done a search on ebay/google etc and there seem to be few H7 kits that are Bi Xenon.

Thanks

Gary

101RRS
15th May 2012, 09:42 AM
I guess most have just replaced the halogen hi/lo beam bulb with single beam HID and use the high beam filler headlight as their High Beam.

Garry

Fatso
15th May 2012, 10:10 AM
[QUOTE=garrycol;1680661]Last year I bought a set of HIDs to put in my RRS but have not put them in. Recently I became aware that the halogens were in fact similar to the Bi Xenons fitted as an option in that the Halogens are Bi Halogen with high/low beam in the lamp with the projector and the other high beam (also halogen in Bi Xenons) just a fill in lamp.

So I need to put in a Hi/Lo HID system to replace the Hi/Lo Halogen Bulb.

So can someone recommend a 55W 4300K H7 Hi/Lo HID system that will work. I have done a search on ebay/google etc and there seem to be few H7 kits that are Bi Xenon.

Thanks

:oGee once upon a time a headlight used to be just a headlight , it now sounds like a mision to mars !!!!:wasntme:

CaverD3
15th May 2012, 02:12 PM
Xenon HID Headlight Upgrade Kits from HIDS 4U - H7, H4, H1 (http://www.hids4u.co.uk/)

Sponsors on uk site.

101RRS
15th May 2012, 02:40 PM
Xenon HID Headlight Upgrade Kits from HIDS 4U - H7, H4, H1 (http://www.hids4u.co.uk/)

Sponsors on uk site.

Thanks but they do not have any kits. Quote "Unfortunately there is not currently a kit available for this make, model and year of vehicle."

Cheers

Garry

CaverD3
15th May 2012, 03:17 PM
Search for disco 3 came up with this:

Year 04-07
HID Kits Suitable for a LAND ROVER DISCOVERY new shape 04-07
Dipped Beam: H7Main Beam: H7Additional Applications
H7 35w Ultimate Xenon HID Conversion Kit
H7 Ultimate HID Conversion kit rated at 35W. Designed by and exclusive to HIDS4U to work with modern vehicles with advanced ECU systems and Canbus wiring. This kit has recently been tested on a 2010 BMW E90 (usually a difficult car to modify) with no bulb alarms and no harness required.
£148.95
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

H7 55w Ultimate Xenon HID Conversion Kit
H7 Ultimate HID Conversion kit rated at 55W giving even more power and light on the road. Designed by and exclusive to HIDS4U to work with modern vehicles with advanced ECU systems and Canbus wiring.
£168.95

Ask if they will fit the RRS? I would think the internal fitting would be the same.

CaverD3
15th May 2012, 03:20 PM
just read your thread on pommy site.

Found this if it helps.

http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic10997

101RRS
15th May 2012, 03:31 PM
Thanks - I will have to give them a call - looks as if they just replace the Bi Halogen Hi/lo globe with low beam HID and replace the hi beam fill in Halogen with a Hi beam HID.

This is basically what I have - I need a Bi HID Hi/Lo globe (moves in and out to give hi/lo beam) to replace the Hi/lo Halogen bulb and leave the fill in beam halogen as the genuine Bi- Xenons have.

Cheers

Garry