PDA

View Full Version : Lightweights

Jondavball
12th May 2012, 11:10 AM
Hi All,
I am just about to start restoring my Series 3, 1973 Lightweight. Being such a rare beast in Australia, I thought I would start this thread so those with a LWT can share ideas and problems.

Mick_Marsh
12th May 2012, 04:42 PM
More and more are getting into the country.
Looking forward to reading your thread.

Mick-Kelly
12th May 2012, 09:01 PM
Really aside from unique panels they are no different form other landys underneath. If you start out with one with good panels you have won half the battle. I picked up a fair few accesory bits and pieces from trawling ebay UK. Things like tool and rifle mounts and dash bits etc. If yours was a radio truck then it gets interesting as the radio gear is next to impossible to find out here. Especially the drop in frame. You would have to custom build a replica.

Jondavball
12th May 2012, 09:25 PM
'Nelson' started life as an FFR, coming into service in June 73 and spent its entire service life in Hong Kong. It was demobbed in the mid 80's but I have no idea when it came to Australia. Sometime after arriving in Australia it was converted to 12V which is how it sits now, with nothing to show for it except a couple of gauges on the dash and only two front seats. I was happy to get hold of its Vehicle History Card from Deepcut about a month ago.

Mick-Kelly
13th May 2012, 08:15 AM
Can you post some pictures up and let us know the chassis number. I will dig out Elsa's chassis number because it was quite early for a series three.

Jondavball
13th May 2012, 09:31 AM
http://s1094.photobucket.com/albums/i450/jondavball/?action=view&current=10FM08Lightweight.jpg

Chassis Number is 95101671A and the registration number was 10FM08, Contract WV11139. The vehicle appears to have come onto the books on 10 Jul 73

Mick-Kelly
13th May 2012, 01:50 PM
Check this thread out if it helps. Numerous other update threads on here as well if you search 'Elsa'
I will have a look for that diary later tonight to post her details.

http://www.aulro.com/afvb/remlr-projects/33400-introducing-elsa-new-project.html