PDA

View Full Version : County, the little jobs

85 county
16th May 2012, 09:26 PM
window rubbers, front windup windows mainly the wiper blade on the out side.

front internal light cover.

if i was to do away with the std heater control panel. what could i use as the hot cold slide? and ideas for fan speed switch?

flagg
18th May 2012, 03:36 PM
The slide is easy, its just a cable. The speed is just multi throw switch, but would be harder to match. Thst said, you could adapt it to a new housing.. which is what I plan to do.

I would also like to save space by changing to heater cable from side to side to in and out. Could use a twist lock throttle or similar.

85 county
18th May 2012, 08:33 PM
The slide is easy, its just a cable. The speed is just multi throw switch, but would be harder to match. Thst said, you could adapt it to a new housing.. which is what I plan to do.

I would also like to save space by changing to heater cable from side to side to in and out. Could use a twist lock throttle or similar.

the fan speed switch is a problem well known to burn out not only are thay a 4 position switch they also have a common with no back feed so not so simple. vacuum ahla ford falcon rotary switch will do. but a slide for the hot cold i need to steel of some thing but don't know what

flagg
19th May 2012, 11:15 AM
the fan speed switch is a problem well known to burn out not only are thay a 4 position switch they also have a common with no back feed so not so simple. vacuum ahla ford falcon rotary switch will do. but a slide for the hot cold i need to steel of some thing but don't know what

Yeah.. The fan motor itself is nothing special.. Surely you could use an other same or higher rated unit from an othe car?

85 county
19th May 2012, 07:52 PM
Yeah.. The fan motor itself is nothing special.. Surely you could use an other same or higher rated unit from an othe car?

been down that track, i have the full aircon unit, tried playing around with motors and fans, there is nothing close that will fit with out major. biggest problem is the motor shaft and length