PDA

View Full Version : Maxtrax storage

discobaz4311
9th June 2012, 12:12 PM
hey everyone looking at getting a set of maxtrax for my next beach camping adventure but not sure where i would like to store them. I know some people have them on their roof racks but my racks will be completely loaded most of the time. Was hoping to come up with a way i could attach them to the rear spare tyre on the back,because then they would be easily accessible and not in the way. anyone done anything similar of have any other maxtrax storage ideas? or even if anyone knows of a rear tyre bag that would be big enough to put maxtrax in?

thanks
discobaz

Xtreme
9th June 2012, 12:40 PM
You can get garbage bags made out of material similar to that used on the Tautliner truck sides. I'm not sure if the MaxTrax would fit in but could be a possibility.

The 4WD NSW & ACT Association has some for sale, not sure where else you get them from or at what price.

Another alternative might be to fabricate a bracket or pair of brackets to mount them on the side of your roof rack ................... but by the sounds of things, you already plan on having a fair bit (of weight) up there so possibility not such a good idea.

Ranga
10th June 2012, 01:54 PM
Have a look here https://www.maxtrax.com.au/products at the rear wheel harness.

Brad's also been doing some R&D on this SEMA MaxTrax Pod - YouTube

Not sure if it would help, but you could always contact him directly for other options. He's a great guy and very helpful.

Ranga
10th June 2012, 02:07 PM
dupe