PDA

View Full Version : Lock/Unlock Problems

Hebbo
24th March 2008, 09:08 PM
After 2yrs, car started locking and unlocking itself whilst in drive on normal road. Then radio turns off and vehicle fault system shutting down appears. Motor stills runs, car still moves but hazard lights flash on and off and then indicator lights don't work, then work in reverse eg. left turn turns right indicator on. Also car spasmotically will not start. Been back to Dealer 3 times and still having same problem. Any suggestions. Very frustrating.

Nicole

justinc
24th March 2008, 11:11 PM
After 2yrs, car started locking and unlocking itself whilst in drive on normal road. Then radio turns off and vehicle fault system shutting down appears. Motor stills runs, car still moves but hazard lights flash on and off and then indicator lights don't work, then work in reverse eg. left turn turns right indicator on. Also car spasmotically will not start. Been back to Dealer 3 times and still having same problem. Any suggestions. Very frustrating.

Nicole

Hi Nicole,
I have had wierdo poltergeist type symptoms before with a '99 D2. Replaced the fuse box and all is well. It seems the printed circuit board under the fuse box doesn't like the flex in the front inner guards where it is bolted, and some of the tracks break:mad: When fitting the new one, I just bolted it down at one end only. These faults only appeared after some use on corrugated roads though, and I also have heard of this with a '03 model, repaired under warranty. Same fix, same symptoms.

Fuse box wasn't too expensive, about $350 from memory?

JC

fred
7th May 2008, 12:43 AM

Nicole

Hi Nicole,
I am having similar problems with my 2000 TD5. Have you resolved yours by replacing the fusebox (based on JC's advice)
Fred

p38eh
9th December 2010, 06:33 AM

Nicole
Best advice is to get a FautmaIe. I just received my Faultmate MSV 2 Extreme this week on 7 Dec 2010. I did a lot of research starting around 2008 and it looks like the bees knees.

When my site registration came through yesterday and I used the forum for a bit of assistance I was overwhelmed by the speed and excellent tone of the response.

I have had some correspondence with Blackbox Solutions over the last fortnight or so and I have found all of the staff to be very helpful indeed.

What really made me take the plunge and buy the Faultmate was this quote from a dealer which I have pasted here Being a pensioner I need to look after my finances and give thought to how I can keep more of my money for myself.

"Diagnostic trouble code read of all systems and report - $176

Programming of the BECM – $299.20

Unfortunately we can’t clear the BECM memory here so we do sublet this operation to an outside company".

So the decision to buy the Faultmate was really a "no brainer". A few uses and it has paid for itself.

This morning I am off to buy the plug for thre 12V socket. Can hardly wait to get home and start sorting out my RangeRoverr P38A.

Congratulations to the whole crew at Blackbox. I don't expect issues. However if I do encounter them I have every confidence in the team to help me work through them.

I am not related to any of the BBS Staff nor do i have a financial interest.

I offer these opinions in order to help those who may be a little hesitant about buying a BBS system. Just go for it!!