PDA

View Full Version : GL4 EP90

incisor
25th June 2012, 08:57 PM
apart from elf who sells a decent GL4 ep90 these days?

zedcars
25th June 2012, 10:01 PM
This is a toughy!
Most of the major brands worldwide have changed their chem make up in the GL5 (chlorine etc) to make them more acceptable in GL4 applications where yellow metals are involved.

I face these issues with owners who want GL4 or nothing--No syn stuff, (the immediate fill nor wide ranging superblends like GL2 to 5,)

This attitude is more so with my Pinzgauer customers.

Normally I have to go to the small designer oil suppliers in these cases.

I have used Comma in the UK for such suppliers;
Comma :: Products Guide :: Gear & Transmission Oils (http://www.commaoil.com/productsguide/index/6/29)

Not easy task to find
Cheers Dennis
Zedcars

klonk
25th June 2012, 10:56 PM
Check out Penrite manual gear oil 80, havent used it, but the spec sheet on the web site said its an API-gl4 80w85 grade. Penrite should be availible at most auto stores, but may be an order in item.
Will be using it in klonks diffs and swivels.

Cheers Steve

gromit
26th June 2012, 07:22 AM
I source from Tru Blu Oil in Bayswater VIC.
They are a large blender supplying truck fleets etc. No major advertising so product is well priced. They produce GL4 EP 75W/90

Pacific Petroleum is their agent in QLD not sure if their price will be as good as buying direct (5 litres was about $16 last time I got some).

Gear Oils (http://www.trubluoil.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=84&Itemid=105)

Colin

incisor
26th June 2012, 07:55 AM
am on to someone and am trying to negotiate some sort of discount for aulro.

gromit
26th June 2012, 08:42 AM
I'd be interested to see the pricing, Tru Blu is about half the price of similar oil from SuperCheap/Autobarn etc.

They would also make an AULRO label if you want, you'd have to order 5off 5litre containers at a time. I get ISO22 oil from them for lubricators on pneumatic systems and they print labels with our company logo, all I had to do was email the artwork.
Let me know if you want a contact there.

Colin

incisor
26th June 2012, 08:58 AM
I'd be interested to see the pricing, Tru Blu is about half the price of similar oil from SuperCheap/Autobarn etc.

They would also make an AULRO label if you want, you'd have to order 5off 5litre containers at a time. I get ISO22 oil from them for lubricators on pneumatic systems and they print labels with our company logo, all I had to do was email the artwork.
Let me know if you want a contact there.

Colin

do you get a straight 90 or the 75/90 ?

gromit
26th June 2012, 02:24 PM
GL4 is 'off-the-shelf' in 75/90 so a bit easier for the colder weather down south. Thickens up to 90 as the temperature rises

They have 80W/90 in the GL5 (which is suitable for bronze bearings, I checked and the additives used are OK).

As they formulate the oil themselves a straight EP90 isn't out of the question, just depends what batch size they need to produce it. I'll ask the question if you like.

Colin