PDA

View Full Version : Speedometer light globe replacement?

ThorneGator
20th July 2012, 03:47 PM
After an inconclusive search, I just want to find out about replacing a globe in a 2005 TD5. The glbe seams to have a light blue plastic cover, but I'm unsure how to remove it (unscrew, pull,etc...). Any suggestions would be very appreciated.
Cheers

ThorneGator
20th July 2012, 05:57 PM
"To get to the 2 globes (which are T5's) in the speedo there are 2 holes on the back of the speedo. In these hole there is a blue globe housing in one and a black globe housing in the other. Use long skinny needle nose pliers or 2 thin flat head screw drivers and turn the square housing 90° to the left or right (doesnt matter) and the housing can then be removed or dropped out. Note the globes actually have integrated connectors (best way I can describe it). So this means the globe and the metal bits come out of the housing as one unit (just push in the metal clip things on the side and pull the whole unit out. I did replace these with leds. I basically broke the original globe to get the original metal connecting bits and soldered the connectors to the led. Actually very easy just very fiddlly cause the things are so small. Works a treat though. Will post pics soon for those interested."
-Thank you

JC Rover
20th July 2012, 09:12 PM
You can get replacement LED globes that fit the TD5 speedo from Jaycar- about $2 each. I used tweezers to replace them. It's a fiddly job.

JC

Didge
21st July 2012, 07:31 PM
.... :)

1976_michelle
21st July 2012, 07:59 PM
Is that how you'd put these ones in?
eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/350574755638?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649)

Didge
23rd July 2012, 10:39 PM
I think so; I'd ask the supplier directly if they'll fit a defender but hey, thanks for finding them. Great colours - definitely a must get item :) I clicked the landrover link on their website and scrolled down to find the defender lights.

1976_michelle
23rd July 2012, 11:24 PM
definitely a must get for me in my disco...but I'm a doofus female, whats your excuse lol

Didge
24th July 2012, 09:52 PM
I'm a mug lare, flamboyant, a show off, but definitely straight! :)