PDA

View Full Version : Where would I find ?

30t of coolness
16th August 2012, 07:13 PM
Hi Guys I dont know if this is the right place to ask , But do you know where I might find a canvas roof for a 2a 109 ex army ? Also some bar tread tyres for same . The local Bob Jane outlet has told me they can get new ones for $200 each with an eight week wait but was hoping there may be some decent 2nd handies out there. And paint is there somewhere to get the origional stuff or can it be matched aftermarket?

The ho har's
16th August 2012, 07:38 PM
Hello again:)

You can try in Markets, up on the top bar.

Or otherwise go here and register to get more info;)

Registry of Ex Military Land Rovers - Index (http://remlr.com/forum/)

Paint can be bought original or matched aftermarket;)

Mrs hh:angel:

Mick_Marsh
16th August 2012, 07:45 PM
All these things are around.
As Mrs HH said, get on to REMLR.

30t of coolness
16th August 2012, 09:06 PM
Thanks guys & gals will have a squiz :)

Landy Smurf
16th August 2012, 10:18 PM
bar treads are hard to come by and i am not sure but they might not be legal unless they are on a historic car just something i heard

Uglitom
18th August 2012, 09:25 AM
Hi,
Having driven series landrovers in the Army, complete with bar tread tyres, I would heartily recommend that if this vehicle is going to be driven on road with any regularity that you think twice. Braking and handling are things you can only dream of on bar treads on road.If 200 a tyre is dear for you then what ever you buy I am guessing your stuck with for a while. I must admit to being a little envious that you have one to restore ;). Have you posted any pictures of your project?

Uglitom
18th August 2012, 09:28 AM
Oh yeah, and the paint you want Is olive drab, matt finish. I bought a tin about 10 years ago from an actual automotive paint place. They can mix it to your spec from a photo or if you take an interior ( less faded) panel to go by.

korg20000bc
18th August 2012, 12:31 PM
Oh yeah, and the paint you want Is olive drab, matt finish. I bought a tin about 10 years ago from an actual automotive paint place. They can mix it to your spec from a photo or if you take an interior ( less faded) panel to go by.

Optionally, you can get the current Australian Army Olive Drab (lustreless) direct for the Army's supplier Protec Paints.
I used it in my restoration detailed here:
http://www.aulro.com/afvb/remlr-projects/85760-my-2a-gs-project.html