PDA

View Full Version : Canopy Landy's vs Dust

Jimmy
19th August 2012, 09:14 PM
I've never taken my 109 GS onto really dusty roads but always wondered how bad the canopies are for letting in dust. Even very well secured they must be terrible. But then I watched the Bush Tucker man the other day and he had the canopy sides rolled up and seemed to be doing ok - I would have thought that he would need an oxygen mask.

So what are peoples experiences or tips for keeping the dust out?

Cheers

MR LR
19th August 2012, 09:23 PM
Windscreen vents ;) (thats what Les had anyway)

mick88
19th August 2012, 09:40 PM
Sides up and back down is good!
Sides down and back up is disasterous!

Cheers, Mick.

JDNSW
20th August 2012, 05:57 AM
As the others say, but the important thing is vents open, same even with hard tops.

Never drive in dust with the back open and sides down, unless you really have to - and then, it will help to have the door tops off.

But in any vehicle, in very dusty conditions, you won't keep all the dust out - even with perfect dust sealing it will come in the vents when you slow, with following winds, or following a vehicle, and more will come in when you open the door, on your boots and clothing.

(Used my 2a with soft top for years in dusty conditions, and still use it with a 3/4 canvas since putting the cab on)

John

Thommo
20th August 2012, 07:07 AM
As previously said sides up and back down is the only way to travel in the dust.
I have driven a guzzilion miles this way and it works perfectly.