PDA

View Full Version : ROAD SIDE ASSIST

Celtoid
22nd August 2012, 03:29 PM
Hi All,

So it's getting to that part of my car's life that I've started shopping around for extended warranty....geez it's expensive!!! Even with the very good discounts that I've found due to some other AULRO members :).

However, it leads me to another question...road side assist. I've only needed it once when my wife had the car and she got a puncture. The guy that turned up was very knowledgeable on my D4.

What do you do when your D3/4/RRS runs out of road side assist? I'll have to look at my manual again but I believe you can't just skull drag these vehicles away.

So what's the go?

Thanks in advance.

Kev.

AnD3rew
22nd August 2012, 03:44 PM
Hi All,

So it's getting to that part of my car's life that I've started shopping around for extended warranty....geez it's expensive!!! Even with the very good discounts that I've found due to some other AULRO members :).

However, it leads me to another question...road side assist. I've only needed it once when my wife had the car and she got a puncture. The guy that turned up was very knowledgeable on my D4.

What do you do when your D3/4/RRS runs out of road side assist? I'll have to look at my manual again but I believe you can't just skull drag these vehicles away.

So what's the go?

Thanks in advance.

Kev.

I didn't bother with the extended warranty, I may live to regret it, but I figured I could pay for some moderately expensive repairs with the the money the warranty costs.

I extended the Land Rover assistance for road side, but I have recently heard two extremely good stories about NRMA premium roadside assistance for people who were on road trips and had major breakdowns and I think since I intend to do some more serious touring that next time I will get that.

eddomak
22nd August 2012, 04:23 PM
A long time ago when I had my Freelander 1.8 with the factory roadside assistance (which I needed to use a lot), it was supplied by Mondial Roadside Asssistance who were very knowledgable and helpful.

After I sold that car I ended up signing up with the same group for my subsequent vehicle. At the time it was cheaper and had better coverage conditions than NRMA Premium, so perhaps check it out. Recently (July 2012) they were rebranded to Allianz Assistance so the website seems to point you to a phone number and an email address only. (https://www.mondial-roadside.com.au/)

Hope this helps.

Lotz-A-Landies
22nd August 2012, 04:52 PM
I've got Land Rover assist but for travelling it only covers the car and not any attached trailers or the people inside. So in addition to Land Rover Assist (still in Warranty) I have NRMA Traveller Care which provides the same Major Breakdown and Accident Assistance you get with Premium Care and includes trailer/caravan/camper.

Major Breakdown Assistance Up to $3000 p.a.
Car rental Up to $100 per day for 7 days
Accommodation Up to $700
Passenger transport (coach or rail)
Vehicle transport (towing/vehicle transporter)
Cover Australia-wideAccident Assistance Accommodation Up to $300
Passenger transport (coach or rail)