PDA

View Full Version : Series Outriggers

Series3 GT
22nd August 2012, 08:19 PM
G'day all, I'm just wondering where everyone gets their outriggers from. I was thinking of getting them from either Paddock 4x4 or John Craddock. Another place is British 4x4 in Tassie another is Rover Parts over east. Any other ideas would be great.

turkeybrain
27th August 2012, 03:46 PM
I'm in the market for some chassis parts at the moment too. Having not heard of British 4wd before, I dropped into their shop earlier this arvo. Sadly they don't stock any chassis or bulkhead repair bits and pieces.

I think I'll probably order from Paddocks, but I'm not 100% sure yet, mainly because they have a slightly better range of bits than Craddock.

Cheers,

Martin

russellrovers
27th August 2012, 04:14 PM
G'day all, I'm just wondering where everyone gets their outriggers from. I was thinking of getting them from either Paddock 4x4 or John Craddock. Another place is British 4x4 in Tassie another is Rover Parts over east. Any other ideas would be great.
email ihave contacts here in qld jim

Series3 GT
27th August 2012, 07:00 PM
We bought plenty of parts from British 4x4 and they are good but they were for a Disco so I wasn't sure if they had chassis parts. I bought a exhaust manifold from Paddock not that long ago and it was a good price until I got the postage, $160 postage for a manifold. I need the front outriggers that hold the bulkhead for my 100" and maybe the two behind them that hold the front of the tub.

turkeybrain
27th August 2012, 08:23 PM
...$160 postage for a manifold.

:eek:

:(

I'd better start saving to pay off the postage bill then! I need a rear cross member, one or both of the pillars for a bulkhead, a front leg repair section, etc. Do you know if Paddocks will quote postage before you pay for the items you want, and if they don't, will they refund you the purchase price if postage is too ridiculous?

-Martin

stevep
27th August 2012, 08:35 PM
you could try lrseries.com - I use them a bit. Just getting 15.5 kg of parts for my D2 & swb '58 for 80 GBP using fedex. they have a good list of parts as well.

regards
Steve

gromit
29th August 2012, 08:54 PM
Four Wheel Drives in Melbourne stock most repair sections including rear crossmembers. Not cheap but when you factor in freight costs from the UK they may be competitive.

Four Wheel Drives (http://www.fwd.com.au/)

Colin

Series3 GT
29th August 2012, 10:12 PM
:eek:

:(

I'd better start saving to pay off the postage bill then! I need a rear cross member, one or both of the pillars for a bulkhead, a front leg repair section, etc. Do you know if Paddocks will quote postage before you pay for the items you want, and if they don't, will they refund you the purchase price if postage is too ridiculous?

-Martin
I think they do quote postage but I know John Craddock does before you buy. I just bought an aftermarket rear crossmember for $50 at a wrecker, it's way heavier and stronger than the original.