PDA

View Full Version : Discovery 4 service costs & LR corporate plan

dukemasterpro
30th October 2012, 12:03 PM
Hi all,

Looking at a novated lease on a D4 Sdv6 and keen to understand everyone's service costs if doing 15000 per ann m over 4 years i.e up to 60000

Aware of D4 2.7 costs but with the longer interval ( oil change asides ) what else I might be up for with the 3l ( 6 speed current model )

Also if anyone has done this on the LR corporate plan what was the "free bit"??

WhiteD3
30th October 2012, 12:09 PM
I did the corporate plan with my D3. Free servicing for the warranty period and a set of mats.

JayBee75
30th October 2012, 01:14 PM
Hi all,

Looking at a novated lease on a D4 Sdv6 and keen to understand everyone's service costs if doing 15000 per ann m over 4 years i.e up to 60000

Aware of D4 2.7 costs but with the longer interval ( oil change asides ) what else I might be up for with the 3l ( 6 speed current model )

Also if anyone has done this on the LR corporate plan what was the "free bit"??

I have just done the Corperate plan on my 3.0HSE. Includes all servicng costs, lubes, oil labour etc. The only thing it does not cover is Brakes (pads & rotors) as they are consumable. Yes the argument can be had that oil etc is also a consumable however LR's corperate plan is the same as BMW's where brakes were not covered.
Then defects, isses etc covered under warranty. So in essence in three years /100,00k's you will only need to budget for brakes would assume around the 30- 40k mark dependent on driving.

Cheers

dukemasterpro
30th October 2012, 04:32 PM
I have just done the Corperate plan on my 3.0HSE. Includes all servicng costs, lubes, oil labour etc. The only thing it does not cover is Brakes (pads & rotors) as they are consumable. Yes the argument can be had that oil etc is also a consumable however LR's corperate plan is the same as BMW's where brakes were not covered.
Then defects, isses etc covered under warranty. So in essence in three years /100,00k's you will only need to budget for brakes would assume around the 30- 40k mark dependent on driving.

Cheers

If just the brakes that's not a bad deal then to have the official LR "inspections" and filters etc changed. Warranty has been fine for other minor issues on the current vehicle.

Are you tied to a particular dealer who sold the vehicle / plan to you?

bcl
30th October 2012, 04:56 PM
I recently had my first minor 6 month service completed under corporate plan. No cost for service and no problems booking it in at a different dealer then purchase.

Had a phone call halfway through the day asking if I would like to rotate the tyres and balance and that the air filter needed replacement. I said no to both. They were going to charge about $160 for this to be done.

My experience is be careful in what they want to do. But, should the air filter be covered under corporate anyway?

JayBee75
30th October 2012, 06:04 PM
If just the brakes that's not a bad deal then to have the official LR "inspections" and filters etc changed. Warranty has been fine for other minor issues on the current vehicle.

Are you tied to a particular dealer who sold the vehicle / plan to you?

No, corperate plan is covered Nationally, same as warranty. However the corperate plan is not transferable if you sell the car, the warranty is.

In relation to filters etc, this is where no matter who the manufacturer is there a contradictions or holes in their policy on what is and what is not covered, hence my previous point that the argument could be had as one area of consumables is covered, another is not, don't fancy your chances though they all seem to be black and white policies even though they are contradictory.

Cheers.

Scouse
30th October 2012, 09:48 PM
But, should the air filter be covered under corporate anyway?It's covered at the appropriate scheduled service.

If it's dirty/blocked before the service that it's due to be changed at, the the owner pays.

MC D4
30th October 2012, 10:44 PM
I have been on the corporate plan for a couple of years now and have had 3 services done in that time. They have all been free and included loan car, car wash and extra work covered under warranty (new key fob, replaced 3rd row folding mechanism and driver window issue). And the free rubber mats!

Very pleased with Southern Land Rover :D

JayBee75
19th November 2012, 05:42 PM
I did the corporate plan with my D3. Free servicing for the warranty period and a set of mats.

Guys with the corperate plan and mats,is it mats all round including boot?

Just got my car and rubber mats which I requested, however no boot mat?

Thanks

Tombie
19th November 2012, 07:09 PM
Nope only footwells

Epic
20th November 2012, 08:59 PM
I got front and second row carpet mats. Not third row and not cargo either.

Duck's Guts
21st November 2012, 06:35 AM
I've been on Corporate plan for 2 yrs now.
60,000km completed.
Serviced EVERY 12,000kms, so 5 services completed to date.
Costs for all oils, filters, & everything else covered by the plan (or perhaps by the dealer, but I've never had to reach for my wallet!).
60,000km service was last Thursday, and told that my brake pads are at 40% remaining (never changed since new).