PDA

View Full Version : Jack Reacher

scarry
10th November 2012, 10:45 PM
Anyone read his books,i find them fantastic:)

As for the movie that is on its way,Tom Cruise as JR?

I am no movie buff,but surely they could have chosen someone else?

Just my 2c worth,suppose we have to wait & see how the movie goes.

JayBoRover
10th November 2012, 10:51 PM
Yep - I've read a fair few of them and love them. Just finished one yesterday.

I completely agree with you - Tom Cruise would have to be close to my last choice as Jack! The fact that the character of Jack is 6'5" and Tom Cruise is a dwarf is a good start! The fact that Jack is that tall is a significant part of his character and plays a part in pretty much every story.

Disco Muppet
11th November 2012, 09:23 AM
Completely agree....
The only people I can think of are people like The Rock, Vin Diesel, Triple H (don't know his real name).
You need someone with arms like tree trunks to play jack reacher.
I love the books, love trying to predict how it turns out in the end :D

WhiteD3
11th November 2012, 11:36 AM
Love the books, can't stand Cruise. It'll be a cheap Tuesday DVD for me if at all.

mikehzz
11th November 2012, 02:03 PM
I saw the trailer at the movies today. It looks good despite the dwarf in the main role. The Rock would have been awesome though in my opinion.

Disco Muppet
11th November 2012, 02:45 PM
Maybe "stone cold" steve austin?
He's got the mildly sociopathic sort of image that goes along with reacher :D
Arnie is way too old, Stallone is nowhere near sharp enough.
Rock would have been good though, the fight between him and Vin Diesel in Fast 5 is bloody brutal. :eek:

mikehzz
11th November 2012, 09:53 PM
Arnie and Stallone are older than me which makes them almost geriatrics :) Isn't it weird that these tough guys have rather nerdy names....Arnold, Sylvester, Bruce (Willis and Lee), Wesley, Dwayne....even in the old days Humphrey?? Bogart. John Wayne should have kept his real name...Marion :)

Apologies to anyone with any of those names, no offense intended.

mojo
12th November 2012, 11:01 AM
The Reacher books are good, been reading them for a few years.

Not sure who should be playing Reacher in the movies, but definitely not Tom Cruise. Guys like The Rock and Vin Diesel would obviously fit the bill physically, but let's face it they're not the greatest actors in the world. Maybe Hugh Jackman? His Wolverine character is actually a bit like Reacher in some ways. Maybe still a bit small though.

The problem is Cruise will probably make a half decent movie, and anyone who's not a real fan won't care that he's a midget compared to the Reacher in the books. If it's a success at the box office, we may be stuck with him for a few more Reacher movies. :(

Cheers
Sean

Marmoset
12th November 2012, 04:13 PM
Love the books but a bit disturbed about Cruise playing Reacher. It's gotta be someone physical with a bit of intelligence thrown in, a bit like Daniel Craig but I guess the character's similar to the way he plays bond, just not as well funded :D

mikehzz
13th November 2012, 06:18 AM
The Reacher books are good, been reading them for a few years.

Not sure who should be playing Reacher in the movies, but definitely not Tom Cruise. Guys like The Rock and Vin Diesel would obviously fit the bill physically, but let's face it they're not the greatest actors in the world. Maybe Hugh Jackman? His Wolverine character is actually a bit like Reacher in some ways. Maybe still a bit small though.

The problem is Cruise will probably make a half decent movie, and anyone who's not a real fan won't care that he's a midget compared to the Reacher in the books. If it's a success at the box office, we may be stuck with him for a few more Reacher movies. :(

Cheers
Sean

Mate, The Rock is a great actor...he was a wrestler you know. :D

mojo
13th November 2012, 09:28 AM
Mate, The Rock is a great actor...he was a wrestler you know. :D

What are you trying to say, WWE isn't real??!! :o

TimNZ
13th November 2012, 11:26 AM
I do like Lee Childs books, however the last 2 have been a bit ordanary. There seem to be quite a few fans boycotting his books in disgust relating to casting choices.

I just hope the people casting for Stephen King's Dark Tower series review their choice of Russel Crowe for Rolands part :(

Cheers,

Tim

scarry
27th December 2012, 08:22 PM
Now this is a description of Reacher out of the latest book.

"he was one of the largest men she had seen out of the NFL.He was extremely tall,extremely broad,long armed and long legged"
"his neck was thick and his hands were the size of dinner plates"

Anything like Cruise?