PDA

View Full Version : VW Computers?

adonuff
22nd December 2012, 04:24 PM
Hi All
I might as well start this off, as I think it was my idea!.
I have heard that a lot of functions on the VW computers can be accessed without diagnostic software, I really want to turn off the Automatic locking, It's driving me nuts.

I do the repairs & maintenance at the local retirement village when at work never get out of second gear. I might move from one unit to the next a dozen times a day.

Every time I move the Amarok locks itself, every time I stop it unlocks. The locking mechanism will be worn out before its first service.

I also want to know how to turn off the service due warning, & is this common with the Golf, Polo, Amarok etc.

As stated in a previous post I am waiting for a workshop manual from the UK that covers all the late model VW's.

It looks like you can get a similar, like the Nanocom for the VW's. Anyone know more??

incisor
22nd December 2012, 05:05 PM
i have the equiv for caddy, vagcom i think it is called

i altefed s besp of stuff in the csddy

sheerluck
23rd December 2012, 07:29 AM
It's called VCDS now rather than vag-com, and yes it does exist out there.

I had the equivalent for my wife's Merc from DealExtreme (DealExtreme - Cool Gadgets at the Right Price - DX Free Shipping Worldwide (http://www.dx.com)). Have a hunt on there for VCDS and be pleasantly surprised by the price. :D

incisor
23rd December 2012, 07:59 AM
i use the ross-tech unit as it has some really good info as well as the obd / canbus interface

Ross-Tech: Home (http://www.ross-tech.com/)

Jeff
23rd December 2012, 08:36 AM
Vag-com! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! No wonder they changed it. :cool:

Jeff

:rocket:

adonuff
25th December 2012, 03:20 PM
i use the ross-tech unit as it has some really good info as well as the obd / canbus interface

Ross-Tech: Home (http://www.ross-tech.com/)

Looks good will investigate further.

Vern
1st January 2013, 07:43 PM
Andrew, have you had a look on the amarok forum? Lots of good info on there, just need to sort though it. Planning to order our high line in the next couple of weeks:)

harlie
1st January 2013, 08:45 PM
Ross-Tech produces VCDS (Vag Com Diagnostic Software). VAG = VW Audi Group. It is unlocked and will work on any VAG car with CAN.

VW and all its subsidiaries have the complete OBD2 standard implemented for the entire car, most cheapo OBD2 scanners will be able to read and clear faults from all ECUs. However to change coding strings you will need VCDS. Be warned it is far more comprehensive than any LR system I have seen, including BB, in saying that it is less user friendly and will allow the user to easily ‘brick’ an ECU as it will happily save a coding string that will not allow the ECU to work at all. User beware!

If you are just after someone to update one or two settings you may find someone to help as you can on here. Pop on over to vwwatercooled.org.au and introduce yourself, there is a VCDS sub forum - we are a helpful bunch sometimes, and several guys down your way are up to coding for a box or similar…

BTW, the auto locking, and the 2 button press to open all doors was the first things I changed on our VW....

loanrangie
2nd January 2013, 09:15 PM
I have a vag-com usb OBDII cable that i bought in error if any is interested .

adonuff
12th January 2013, 04:28 PM
Andrew, have you had a look on the amarok forum? Lots of good info on there, just need to sort though it. Planning to order our high line in the next couple of weeks:)

Just replied to your modification post