PDA

View Full Version : Now I really feel like a LR owner.

dominicbeirne
9th January 2013, 10:21 PM
Over the New Year weekend I finally got around to doing some minor cosmetic mods to the D3. I had always wanted the LR screen in the dashboard cubby and almost two years ago I was able to acquire one, thanks doddsy. Well as you can guess I put it in the car.

Now boys and girls I am not the most handy of people with a set of tools, lets face it in a lot of cases I think I know just enough to be dangerous but I'm not really that competent. :D My setting to in cutting up the dash on a still under lease $70,000 car with a dremel, some screwdrivers and the all-knowing guide from disco3.co.uk caused SWMBO and the other bushies camping with us no end of concern. Thankfully no comments were made to me whilst doing this as that could have been the end of me.

Some photos are attached of my handiwork. I must say I now feel like a true LR owner, just have to get the electrics sorted because right now it is a blank screen taunting me every time I get in the car.

Cheers

Dom

SBD4
9th January 2013, 10:53 PM
Half way there.... well done mate!

Disco_Ben
10th January 2013, 08:20 AM
Well done Mate!

I have been looking for the same screen for my D3 as well, but so far coming up empty handed.....Where did you get yours?

Cheers
Ben

AnD3rew
10th January 2013, 09:10 AM
That's not a screen, this is a screen :-)

PKD4
10th January 2013, 09:57 AM
Now boys and girls I am not the most handy of people with a set of tools, lets face it in a lot of cases I think I know just enough to be dangerous but I'm not really that competent. :D My setting to in cutting up the dash on a still under lease $70,000 car with a dremel, some screwdrivers and the all-knowing guide from disco3.co.uk caused SWMBO and the other bushies camping with us no end of concern. Thankfully no comments were made to me whilst doing this as that could have been the end of me.

Looks great Dom,

The information from members on AULRO is great but their skillsets often far exceed my own. So it is even better to find out that there are other people who have similar handy/mechanical skills as myself, ie average, and can succeed.

I think it'll be a while before I pull the dash apart though!

Pat