PDA

View Full Version : Extractors

Series3 GT
12th January 2013, 09:00 PM
Hi all, looking at fitting extractors to my 2.25 petrol, I've already got a full exhaust system of my Series 3 that won't be used on that so I wondered if its worth it putting them on, do you really get that much extra grunt from them, they're a set of Genie Extractors, the only reason why I haven't fitted them is because I spent $200 on an exhaust manifold a few years back and is it really worth the mucking around fitting them.

Blknight.aus
12th January 2013, 10:45 PM
yep, gives the mighty 2.25 just a bit more midrange depending on how they're set, for some people its enough to stave off wanting a 6 banger conversion.

incisor
12th January 2013, 11:42 PM
money well spent imho

Series3 GT
13th January 2013, 01:37 AM
They came with my Series 3 so I basically got them for free.

garrycol
13th January 2013, 12:24 PM
I rebuilt the engine in a series 3 I owned back in 1989 and I out extractors on and was one of the best moves I made - the extra oompf is noticeable.

That landies is still on the road in Canberra and nearly 24 years latter it i still as I sold it and the current owner also think that the now 24yo extractors are a major advantage.

Garry

series3
13th January 2013, 12:36 PM
Hello!

You may find this thread of interest:

Is modifying a series exhaust worthwhile (http://www.aulro.com/afvb/technical-chatter/109389-modifying-series-exhaust-worthwhile.html)

Sam

Series3 GT
13th January 2013, 03:36 PM
Ok I'll fit the extractors and see how she goes, I've found that with a bit of clutch control I can take off with out any revs and with some control and a few revs it'll take off in 2nd, All I've done to it is replace the plugs, dizzy cap, ht leads and coil for the ignition side of things and for the carbie side it's got a weber twin barrel so I hope the extractors will make a difference.

Blknight.aus
13th January 2013, 04:13 PM
thats about normal for a 2.25 in a series on the flat.

Series3 GT
13th January 2013, 07:49 PM
Getting a bit worried though, she's blowing a lot of smoke on start up and using oil so I don't know how long she's got left.