PDA

View Full Version : Auto Re-lock

101RRS
3rd February 2013, 01:46 PM
With my RRS (and I assume D3s) if I unlock the car but do not open a door it auto relocks after a couple of minutes.

Is there any way I can disable this feature so that when I unlock the car it stays unlock irrespective of whether a door is opened or not.

Thanks

Garry

Tombie
3rd February 2013, 02:04 PM
Not that I can find...

Why would you want to may I ask?

jonesy63
3rd February 2013, 02:05 PM
Open and close a door/tailgate after unlocking. That's the only way I've found.

kero
3rd February 2013, 02:13 PM
My LHF door takes 2 pushes on the unlock button,it's only started doing this about 2 weeks ago.Anyone know what could be cause ? The other 3 doors unlock ,no problems. Thanks.Kero

Graeme
3rd February 2013, 02:24 PM
The auto re-lock feature can be changed using Faultmate.

I was going to change my D4 until one day whilst sitting in the vehicle a Hyundai owner unlocked his vehicle that was parked next to mine and triggered unlocking on my D4. If the D4 was already locked it would have re-locked after only a short while, so a good feature to have in this age of electronics.

101RRS
3rd February 2013, 02:42 PM
My LHF door takes 2 pushes on the unlock button,it's only started doing this about 2 weeks ago.Anyone know what could be cause ? The other 3 doors unlock ,no problems. Thanks.Kero

The handbook covers this - when I got my car all doors except the drivers door stayed lock on the first push of the button and a second push was needed to unlike the rest. It is in the handbook somewhere.

Garry

101RRS
3rd February 2013, 02:45 PM
The auto re-lock feature can be changed using Faultmate.

Thanks - don't have the full faultmate so I guess I am stuck with it until by car needs to go on a testbook sometime in the future - will only be if I have a major issue and the car needs to go into the garage.

Cheers

Garry

camel_landy
4th February 2013, 01:06 AM
The handbook covers this - when I got my car all doors except the drivers door stayed lock on the first push of the button and a second push was needed to unlike the rest. It is in the handbook somewhere.

Garry

Garry... I know what you're trying to say but if you re-read the post, you'll see that it's the lock on the N/S/F door which is sticking. ;)

M

camel_landy
4th February 2013, 01:07 AM

If it is just the front passenger door then I'd suggest your lock mechanism needs cleaning out & re-greasing.

M

101RRS
4th February 2013, 10:19 AM
Garry... I know what you're trying to say but if you re-read the post, you'll see that it's the lock on the N/S/F door which is sticking. ;)

M

Yes realise but considered to be a software glitch rather than a mechanical one and if you go through the resetting process as outlined in the handbook it will bring everything back into line.

OP now has a few options to look at.

Garry

Tombie
4th February 2013, 11:21 AM
Hi Garry

So why do you wish the feature disabled?

Just curious....

101RRS
4th February 2013, 11:35 AM
Hi Garry

So why do you wish the feature disabled?

Just curious....

Because it annoys me when I finally get to the car and it has locked itself, then I have to go back inside to get the keys to unlock it again.