PDA

View Full Version : Question on special functions at highway speeds.

Lotz-A-Landies
13th February 2013, 06:44 PM
Last year in October, many will remember a cold snap that saw much of the NSW southern highlands blanketed in snow. Coincidentially I was driving down to Seymour in Vic that night and found myself in the middle of the snow storm while driving the Hume Hwy with the consequences. The worst areas were around Goulburn and along the highway to Yass.

In some places there was inches of snow and slush on the road forming tracks in each lane. The most tricky part was changing lanes where you had to break through the humps of slush to get to the other lane. At that point I switched to mud and snow in the special programs.

The question: Is it O.K. to use special programs (without raised suspension) at speeds over 80KPH?

Diana

discotwinturbo
13th February 2013, 06:51 PM
I have used gravel, grass and snow on dirt roads and over 80kph.
Sand mode is great for rapid acceleration....probably not recommended though.

Brett....

Lotz-A-Landies
13th February 2013, 07:00 PM
I have used gravel, grass and snow on dirt roads and over 80kph.
Sand mode is great for rapid acceleration....probably not recommended though.

Brett....Is that what the mode is called? I just try to match the icon with what I see outside, that night I saw a snow flake so switched to snow flake (although the actual flake was a different shape ;) ) other times I switch to pine tree but have never come across a cactus tree so don't use that mode! :wasntme:

Diana :D

Graeme
13th February 2013, 10:22 PM
but have never come across a cactus tree so don't use that mode! :wasntme:

Diana :DThat mode is for when the vehicle is cactus, not when you see cactus and you should have used it on Mt Ousley!