PDA

View Full Version : Too new to be driven????Nice Wheels,

Modelsp
19th February 2013, 09:47 AM
Dropped my D2 in to get the gas fitted yesterday and this drives up on the tow truck,Broken or Too new to drive until the weekend.any one know who's it is here in Wollongong,Really nice wheels,whole unit actually.;):D:Dah yes dream on.

frantic
19th February 2013, 10:53 AM
I've seen it around , but not sure who owns it. Could be a repair, wholesale for their used car division, or a repo. If its a repo/used car stock you could try and trade in the d2;). They look like very nice wheels with bfg AT's, but would get a better front bullbar, maybe a bar from mulgo or arb, some lights and a big container of touch up paint , turtle wax and car wash as black shows everthing.

UncleHo
19th February 2013, 11:05 AM
Yup! A friend has a new 13 model metalic black, but with standard 16 inch wheels fitted with Continentals :cool: nice as! :D

gusthedog
19th February 2013, 11:10 AM
Black ones look like they come pre-dented! :D

loanrangie
19th February 2013, 01:17 PM
The PCD of those wheels look smaller than standard defender, more like D2/D3/D4/RRS pattern.

isuzutoo-eh
19th February 2013, 01:53 PM
Yeah how do those rims fit over the drive flange?

frantic
19th February 2013, 05:58 PM
Now I'm only guessing by the angle but if you look at the rear photo the tyres/wheels are out past the rear mudflap by around 30mm.
Now i obtained a set from the u.k of 30mm spacers to move the standard wheels( with 255/85 r16 and longer travel suspension,) out to stop them touching the rear spring mount at full travel. This puma looks to have a similar stance IMHO;). Another option with those u.k(also german) transport approved spacers was to have different stud patterns so you could pick virtually any wheel you liked, they could either be the newer D2/3/4 RR or the jap 6 stud or even merc stud pattern from memory with the LR 5 stud 165 holes and bolts.
Still looks very nice but i would want to own a carwash and paint booth.:D

P.s before anyone states the obvious i know they are not strictly legal, but neither is your tyres touching your suspension. It also makes the car feel more stable as the footprint is widened by 60mm.

Mulgo
19th February 2013, 06:12 PM
These are the rims on that Defender: http://www.expeditioncentre.com.au/online-store/land-rover-defender-acc-/kahn-design-land-rover-defender-wheels.html

18" version.

Cobber
19th February 2013, 07:27 PM
I'm not keen on the bull/nudge bar thing, but the rest of it is sweet :cool: