PDA

View Full Version : **itpart brake shoes

gromit
5th March 2013, 03:19 PM
I'm in the process of returning some **itpart brake shoes, fortunately the supplier has accepted my complaint.

I usually buy from a company 'down the road' that supply the trade with brake & clutch parts. LWB rear shoes were $40 last time but another supplier had them for $33 so I thought I'd give them a go......
Got them home and the lining is shorter than it should be (by about 25mm), it looks odd and leaves a black deposit on your fingers. Also the front face is covered with glue and the lining material has chipped in a few places.

Took the **itpart shoes to the local supplier (with my tail between my legs) and explained. Their feedback was that the shorter lining would have a limited effect on the braking, of more concern was the poor quality lining and the black deposit left on your fingers. They suggested the bond between shoe & lining will break down sooner rather than later and also the braking effect would be reduced. The glue across the friction face is just poor workmanship.
They accepted my apology.

The Australian part number for the shoes is N1092 for new ones and AF1092 for changeover shoes. New $40 changeover $30 (that's a 'Trade Price')
I think I'll stick with the local supplier in future and pay the extra for peace of mind.

Colin

Draco Australis
5th March 2013, 04:06 PM
I'm in the process of returning some **itpart brake shoes, fortunately the supplier has accepted my complaint.

Yeah, you've got to be careful with things from britpart, the stuff your life depends on, such as brakes and wheel bearings should be relabeled ****part, but other stuff such as wheel arches and seat recovering kits aren't too bad at all. It's all a bit of a gamble.

James.

gromit
5th March 2013, 05:23 PM
I'm aware of the varying quality from **itpart but the shoes I was previously buying are made in Asia so I though they might possibly be to a similar standard.

I don't think **itpart actually make anything they just outsource. Problem is they obviously buy on price alone.

Colin

Jock The Rock
5th March 2013, 07:16 PM
I've been ordering most of my parts through lrdirect.com

I find them to be quite good, you enter a part number and they give you a listing of the brands and prices. The also mention if it's a replacement, OEM in plain box or OEM in Landrover box part

I normally go with mid range OEM in plain box parts

Haven't had any trouble yet

Don 130
5th March 2013, 08:18 PM
I bought a new drivers door latch from LRDirect. 'Maker"was quoted as Land Rover, but the part that arrived was in a blue box. I thought I'd give it a go. It lasted four months before it would no longer hold the door on the second latch. The original had lasted 300,000km. Iv'e now replaced with genuine, and combined with the 'X-trouser' (thanks TimNZ), the door closes very nicely.
Don