PDA

View Full Version : Advice Needed - Intermittant Suspension Fault

Phoenix12
11th March 2013, 09:47 AM
Hi All,

I have an RR Sport 2007 TDV8 with 72,000 k's on it.

Lately the Righty Rear Suspension has dropped down to its stops...seems to be very intermittant (Has done it twice in 2 weeks). The wife reports she can here it pumping itself up sporadically, but it does not go down overnight !

It has been to the lacal dealer for dignostics - was told that it was an "intermittant fault", but will that intermittant fault lead to further issues like a blown compressor ?

So is it a leak ? (Doesnt go down)
Is it electrics ? (No faults come up on dash)

Any thoughts, clues, advice ?!

Cheers all....

CaverD3
11th March 2013, 11:01 AM
Could be a valve block issue?

Graeme
11th March 2013, 12:07 PM
I was surprised to find significant cracking on a fold inside my D4's rear airsprings after only 95K kms, to the extent that all springs were replaced when the shocks were subsequently replaced because I thought they could soon start to leak. However my airsprings and shocks get a good workout and D3/4's go lower than RRS's so perhaps are subjected to more movement than some.

Phoenix12
11th March 2013, 02:37 PM
Could be a valve block issue?

Anyone have any more info on this ? Cheers

Graeme
11th March 2013, 02:58 PM
There is a rear valve block and a front valve block. Each block contains the left, right and cross-link valves. If a left or right valve isn't sealing properly then some pressure will escape but it shouldn't be able to escape totally because it has to vent through the exhaust valve which only opens under ecu control or mechanically if there's excessive pressure in the line to it, eg if the compressor never cuts out and raises the pressure too high. A leak can occur where a pipe connects to a valve block or the valve block splits where 1 pipe connects or in a pipe between the valve block and the airspring and that will allow the attached airspring to deflate. However your vehicle doesn't seem to have a permanent leak hence my suspicion of a crack in air airspring that only opens-up with the suspension in a specific position or when loaded more than usually.

NavyDiver
12th March 2013, 10:30 PM
Hi All,

I have an RR Sport 2007 TDV8 with 72,000 k's on it.

Lately the Righty Rear Suspension has dropped down to its stops...seems to be very intermittant (Has done it twice in 2 weeks). The wife reports she can here it pumping itself up sporadically, but it does not go down overnight !

It has been to the lacal dealer for dignostics - was told that it was an "intermittant fault", but will that intermittant fault lead to further issues like a blown compressor ?

So is it a leak ? (Doesnt go down)
Is it electrics ? (No faults come up on dash)

Any thoughts, clues, advice ?!

Cheers all....
Have you checked your brakes light globes? What errors are reported?