PDA

View Full Version : K5LA has arrived!

Sitec
20th March 2013, 09:49 PM
Here is a pic of my K5LA... It's massive and geeez is it loud or what!!!!! gave it a good blast at the local quarry train and scared the hell out of him and deafened myself and the three blokes that were stood next to me!! Plan to go to the top of the nearest hill one night next week and let rip! It was heard from over 10km away when we last gave a blast at a party!!!

Ausfree
21st March 2013, 09:44 AM
There goes the hearing!!:p

robbotd5
21st March 2013, 10:54 AM
Nice. But you can't get better than the old Bull roarer steam whistle as fitted to the C38's.
That would have to be one of the most emotive sounds in my books!
Regards
Robbo

BDA
10th April 2013, 10:30 AM
Driver Gunzels used to get off on them big Leslies , Leslie Super Typhoon , horns on VLine C classes .
When NRs were new and the horns unchoked they were deffening .

A .

p38arover
10th April 2013, 12:14 PM
Firing it off at the car in front of you as it goes over a railway level crossing is supposed to impart all sorts of feelings in the driver of said car. :D

dromader driver
11th April 2013, 11:39 AM
hmm might go well on the truck. did you buy the horns or the whole kit?

Nuns on the crossing. The mind boggles !!!!!

Sitec
11th April 2013, 12:45 PM
Just the horns... The plan being to 'hide' them in a black box built into the roof rack between two top mount spot lights... Not so sure now though.. The local cop is starting to crack the s.... with the odd blast! Bear in mind he lives 10kms from me!!! :)

LoveB
19th April 2013, 09:10 AM
Where'd you get it from and how much? what pump/tank are you running? I really want one to atleast run a grover 1510... I dont think I have the $$$$ for a K5 lol

Sitec
20th April 2013, 07:37 AM
Hi. It came from the US, somewhere in LA. Ebay will give you an idea in prices... (Too much!!). At the moment it is hooked up to a piece of galv water pipe and a ball valve direct out of the end of my compressor in the workshop. Air flow is more important than pressure. Seems to be as loud at 80psi as it is at 150psi... Will be running a modified air con pump on the Land Rover into a tank mounted under the LH footwell.... :)

3-Gees
10th May 2013, 08:59 PM
They are a beautiful bit of kit!, one of my favourite horns!, now all you need is an SD40-2 to put it on:p

Cheers Gregg;)