PDA

View Full Version : Hydra Bushes Disco 3 V6SE

Swarty
17th April 2013, 07:43 PM
Is the replacement of Hydra Bushes something I can do myself or is it better if dealer does it?

Only done 80000k's. Any tips or special tools

Thanks guys

Swarty:)

CaverD3
18th April 2013, 11:37 AM
Can be doen DIY but better dealer or indy as you will need a four wheel alignment afterwards.
THere are torque settings and procedures to follow but I am sure someone on here will know.
Fit the RRS bushes as they are the same as used in the armoured D3/4.

PerthDisco
18th April 2013, 12:21 PM
http://www.aulro.com/afvb/projects-tutorials/161206-how-d3-lower-front-suspension-arms.html

Thanks to Ean Austral

Cheaper to buy / replace entire lower arms than replace bushes and you get a new universal joint.

CaverD3
18th April 2013, 12:25 PM
Did you mean ball joint?

PerthDisco
18th April 2013, 12:32 PM
Thank you - yes ball joint thingamijig. All nice and new.

Ivan
19th April 2013, 01:59 PM
Order replacement lower arms from the Uk they are much cheaper. Also order the RRS lower arms as they have a better ball joint (or so I have been told). Just had my lower arms replaced and the cost was $900 all up. That included the lower arms, fitting and 4WD alignment. MR Automotive wanted $1200.
BTW that included a full set of new nuts and bolts.

HTH

Ivan

Timj
19th April 2013, 03:15 PM
Not necessarily cheaper from the UK. Freight is the killer. Try FWD at Yeronga, I could buy them cheaper there than I could get them from the UK. Still haven't actually made the decision to do it myself though as SBL Automotive would do it for $1050 and I am not sure that it is worth it for me to do it and then have to get the wheel alignment.

TimJ.