PDA

View Full Version : Folding amphorus Solar Panels 108 Watt

Defender Mike
7th May 2013, 04:43 PM
Hi ,
I am importing low numbers of folding solar panels 108 watt as seen in the pics below. They are exactly the same as the ones sold by several large 4x4 product companies but I bring them in direct and there are no fancy packaging etc. I can also get quality solar regs with led display as well. For pricing send me a PM the more orders i get the lower the cost of freight etc.
I can put a package together ( solar cell and Reg) for around half the cost of the same unit in the stores. It takes up to 3/4 weeks for the units to get here from overseas but I may have some in stock if i can turn a few over . More pics and details in the alternative energy Forum .
Mike:)

Ranga
7th May 2013, 05:02 PM
Is there a peoblem with posting the approximate price in this thread?

Defender Mike
7th May 2013, 05:54 PM
Around $1200 for the Panel and $ 200 for the Fangpusen Reg at the moment . I have to make up a few boxes to get the time down and buy the connections etc in bulk to lower the price so not sure on that yet but should still be better quality and lower cost than those off the shelf jobs.

Mike

Defender Mike
21st May 2013, 06:49 PM
Well that was a good thing now gone bad. Someone obviously didn't want these panels coming in too cheap my supplier has now put his price up to $ 2500 US per 108 watt panel:o. This is now just way too expensive and prices me out of the market. You will have to buy one from Redarc through ARB now and fork out a small fortune. I will have a look at buying the individual solar cells and making up the canvas backing and wiring myself .This may even end up being cheaper than the original and will probably be a better product in the long run.
Mike

stallie
21st May 2013, 07:59 PM
Just thinking how great it will be when technology gets to the point that you could have the cells thin and flexible enough to glue to the bonnet. Stop the glare, weigh sod all and won't get in the way all the time.