PDA

View Full Version : not a great advert for g wagons?

djambalawa
18th May 2013, 08:35 AM
An Epic Adventure: The Australian Outback's Ultimate Off-Road Test - YouTube

suspect tyre pressure was the main issue tho :)

steane
18th May 2013, 09:34 AM
That isnt quite as it seems. Firstly, it wasnt organised by insideline, they were just some of the journalists that Mercedes invited on that trip. Insideline wouldnt have spent a cent and certainly wouldnt have had to fly any shocks in, or even have known what VB was.

Secondly, they drove well in excess of the speeds that real 4wders would use in those conditions.

I had a chat with one of the chaps on that trip and the g wagon with the HD suspension set-up, military spec I think he called it, had no issues with its shocks despite the abuse they were subjected to.

I wouldn't let that video put you off the g wagon.

Chops
18th May 2013, 05:37 PM
geez, :eek: it'd be nice to have a couple of full blown mechanics in your party when out and about ehh,,,

BigJon
18th May 2013, 07:57 PM
geez, :eek: it'd be nice to have a couple of full blown mechanics in your party when out and about ehh,,,

I take one with me wherever I go.

Disco Muppet
18th May 2013, 08:22 PM
I take one with me wherever I go.

Yeah, but he made you buy him a Vogue last time :p
Lucky bugger..

Homestar
19th May 2013, 09:18 PM
I thought that was quite a good advert for the G Wagon? Apart from some crappy factory shocks, they really didn't have anything to complain about.

The Military spec shocks obviously don't suffer the same problems...

woko
20th May 2013, 06:44 PM
I wouldn't let that video put you off the g wagon.

I wouldn't let that video put me off a G wagon. They did remarkably well for a standard off the show room 4wd. Its the price that would put me off one.

Didge
21st May 2013, 08:14 PM
I wonder what the military spec shocks feel like on road, what they cost and where you get them.
I heard the military G wagen was around $200K a pop. a tad more than the Defender, eh?

FeatherWeightDriver
21st May 2013, 10:04 PM
I wonder what the military spec shocks feel like on road, what they cost and where you get them.
I heard the military G wagen was around $200K a pop. a tad more than the Defender, eh?

Unless you plan on having a touring 110, and rock crawling 90 and one of those Kahn designs 90s for around town - probably around the AU$200k mark.

Hmm now if I only had $200k to play with on cars that might choice be a good "problem" to have. :twisted: