PDA

View Full Version : Front parking sensors not working

landoman
25th September 2013, 08:14 AM
my front parking sensors have decided to not work (been working well for last 2 years ). when i put car in reverse and I listen to all the sensors i can hear the little clicking sound that comes from all 4 rear sensors that says they are working ......but no such sound from all 4 on the front .....which leads me to think it may be some thing to do with the wireing loom rather than a bad sensor . Any suggestions how you might check out the loom

Geedublya
25th September 2013, 09:41 AM
The loom connects under the front drivers side headlight. You can remove the headlight and check the connectors there. They are very robust though so I doubt they are the problem. I would check for fuses first.
I only have the D3 wiring diagram which doesn't show the front sensors.

landoman
25th September 2013, 09:57 AM
The loom connects under the front drivers side headlight. You can remove the headlight and check the connectors there. They are very robust though so I doubt they are the problem. I would check for fuses first.

i removed the 4 individual sensors connections and sprayed with contact cleaner ....they now appears to be working intermittently .......and the strange thing is that they work when the front passenger door is OPEN .....but soon as i close it they give off a continous beeeeep .....?? wire shorting somewhere ??

landoman
25th September 2013, 11:44 AM

how do i go about getting the headlight out ......i want to take out the loom and check it as i found a couple of spots where the plastic coating appears to have come off the wire .....so want to check the whole loom .......also handy to know how to get the headlamp out if ever I need to change a bulb

many thanks

sheerluck
25th September 2013, 11:53 AM
Process for removal here: Land Rover Workshop Manuals-LR3/Disco 3-Headlamp Assembly Removal (http://landrover.workshop-manuals.com/lr3/index.php?id=2567)

landoman
25th September 2013, 12:11 PM
Process for removal here: Land Rover Workshop Manuals-LR3/Disco 3-Headlamp Assembly Removal (http://landrover.workshop-manuals.com/lr3/index.php?id=2567)
many thanks ....got the grill off ....but the two clamps ro release the light are proving tuff .....dont want to break anything .....do i just force them up with brute force ....im using plyers to try and get them up

landoman
25th September 2013, 12:18 PM
many thanks ....got the grill off ....but the two clamps ro release the light are proving tuff .....dont want to break anything .....do i just force them up with brute force ....im using plyers to try and get them up

got the ciips up and the right hand hand side of the light has come out easy ....(the plastic holding plug has come out easly out of its hole ) ....but left hand side of lihjt is holding firm .....any thing particular i need to do to get it out

landoman
25th September 2013, 12:28 PM
got the ciips up and the right hand hand side of the light has come out easy ....(the plastic holding plug has come out easly out of its hole ) ....but left hand side of lihjt is holding firm .....any thing particular i need to do to get it out

disregard this ....got the light out ....2 plugs in holes on left hand sie oof the light proved to be stubborn .......but with a bit of hard pulling the light came out
Now i can access the two connectors for the wireing loom .....but not sure how they un plug ....any tips

Geedublya
25th September 2013, 01:02 PM
There is a clip that you either push in or lift, I can't remember which.

landoman
25th September 2013, 01:17 PM
There is a clip that you either push in or lift, I can't remember which.
there seems to be a slot that a screw driver goes into to release the two parts of the connector ......but i cannot seem to get it to work and dont want to damage the thing .......anyone else know who to seperate these type of connectors

Geedublya
25th September 2013, 01:20 PM
Unfortunately I'm in Melbourne and the car is at the Park n Fly in Sydney otherwise I would have a look for you.I'm pretty sure sure it is a push in clip though.

landoman
25th September 2013, 01:46 PM
Unfortunately I'm in Melbourne and the car is at the Park n Fly in Sydney otherwise I would have a look for you.I'm pretty sure sure it is a push in clip though.
ok thanks .....some one else out there must know how to undo these connectors .......so ill wait in hope ..........they sure are well connected together

sniegy
25th September 2013, 07:37 PM
There is a tab that needs to be pushed firmly down, easy to see as it sits facing you, they are waterproof so can be a pain to undo.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

landoman
26th September 2013, 02:32 PM
There is a tab that needs to be pushed firmly down, easy to see as it sits facing you, they are waterproof so can be a pain to undo.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner
got it .....thanks yes they are not easy to get apart but it sure is easier when you know wher to push

took the loom out found a few spots where the coating from had worn through....sealed up with liquid insulation and tape ...and removed all the old tape from the complete loom and retaped up the whole loom with with new tape ...

reinstalled and all working well

thanks to all for the help