PDA

View Full Version : Morgan's Dockside Stout

tailslide
29th September 2013, 08:52 PM
This weekend I have put a Dockside Stout into the fermentor. Now just have to be patient...

My Pilsner has been in the bottle for 3 weeks now, might be tempted to try one. Just one.:angel:

I have been looking at keg systems on Gumtree recently, haven't decided to jump in just yet. Small matter of finding another fridge and a place to put it. Next time I'm down Williams way I might pop in to get the low down.;)

Cheers
Ron

LandyAndy
30th September 2013, 06:04 PM
Once you keg you wont go back Ron,it simplifies brewing and the quality is much better.
When you are looking for a keg system you will need at least 2 kegs,4 is better as you can age the beer longer,I run 6 kegs;););););)
Andrew

tailslide
30th September 2013, 06:44 PM
Hi Andrew,

Do you rent your CO2 bottle from BOC, or can you purchase and a refill as needed?

I currently have an oxygen bottle on account but don't really want to double the cost... As it is I use LPG instead of Acetylene.

Cheers
Ron

LandyAndy
30th September 2013, 06:50 PM
I rent the bottle Ron from BOC.Too hard to get a bottle refilled down here.If you do get a bottle and go with the re-fill system let me know how much they are.I would need to go with 2 bottles so I always have a backup.
Andrew

Andy_Chil
30th September 2013, 09:06 PM
Have a look at the Keg King website. They have some dealers in WA. I purchased a 2.6kg CO2 bottle outright for $200. The charge $25 for a swap/refill.

This mob seem to be the cheapest about.