PDA

View Full Version : Chassis Sand Blasting Costs?????

justincase42
9th October 2013, 06:56 PM
Howdy,
I am looking for a company to do the sand blasting on my chassis before I get into the repair work. In the past it used to cost me nothing as a mate owned a sand blasting / powder coating business. But he has since sold the business and moved on with life.

I made a couple of calls today and one quote was $800 plus priming. Another place wanted the chassis there before they would give a quote.

Has anyone in the Brisbane / s.e qld region has a chassis blasted in the past year or 2? Just curious what they were charged.
Can any one recommend a company in the s.e qld reigon or even northern nsw.
cheers
Justin

Debacle
9th October 2013, 08:43 PM
I had my RRC chassis done by Odra grit blasting at Clontarf. It cost about $350 from memory which included two coats of two pack epoxy.

Owner is a nice bloke and owns a Disco and quite willing to chew your ear off.

jerryd
10th October 2013, 10:10 AM
I had my RRC chassis done by Odra grit blasting at Clontarf. It cost about $350 from memory which included two coats of two pack epoxy.

Owner is a nice bloke and owns a Disco and quite willing to chew your ear off.

Sounds like the chap I was going to recommend :D Comes from London and can talk the hind leg off a donkey !!

He's done a few items for me in the past with excellent results.

outback jeff
13th October 2013, 08:07 PM
Hi Justin. I had my series 1 chassis done about two years ago by Satintouch in Dalby, cost me $180 for sandblasting and priming. They did an excellent job and would recommend them to anyone, although it's a bit of a drive for you.

Cheers Jeff

Homestar
13th October 2013, 08:31 PM
800 seems way too high. A good mate of mine charges $150 an hour for sandblasting and a chassis takes him a couple of hours from start, to clean up. Priming would usually be an extra $100.