bigbugga
11th September 2003, 08:42 PM
What's you point Snailbait??

Some people are more of a worry than I am.. :wink:

incisor
11th September 2003, 10:12 PM
hahaha

you reckon BB?

what sort of club should we join snailbait?

snailbait
12th September 2003, 06:56 PM
why join a club ??????
you free driver trainig :oops:

snailbait
12th September 2003, 06:56 PM
why join a club ??????
you free driver trainig :oops:

snailbait
12th September 2003, 06:58 PM
are you two the big brother ???? https://www.aulro.com/afvb/

bigbugga
12th September 2003, 07:28 PM
Damm echo in here again.

Big Brother was a TV show, a bad one at that too.

And as for your coment about driver training,
I still have no idea what your point is..

fernockulated
12th September 2003, 07:31 PM
:? :roll: you and me three :?: :?:

bigbugga
12th September 2003, 07:35 PM
Maybe he has no point,

Or maybe it is in code :?

fernockulated
12th September 2003, 07:42 PM
mayblee flom china he blee :? :wink:

bigbugga
12th September 2003, 07:57 PM
who know's.

hopefully he will explain him self soon.

The tension might upset a few people :wink:

fernockulated
12th September 2003, 08:31 PM
:roll: any one got a wrench!!!!! 8O

bigbugga
12th September 2003, 08:35 PM
hhmmmm tighten his nut's you think

fernockulated
12th September 2003, 08:43 PM
style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif getting a bit testy are we :roll:

Pedro_The_Swift
12th September 2003, 10:11 PM
I think I agree,,,,
You really only know what you and you're vehicle is capable of untill you/it
loses control

unless you are god, EVERYBODY needs to practise,
this includes vehicle recovery,, and I dont mean snatchem straps!
having said that,, 4wd's are NOT a good option for scandinavian flicks!
car clubs are our best defence against young(any) car drivers dying.
compete.compete.compete.

bigbugga
13th September 2003, 09:57 AM
You think you agree??????? :?

If he is talking about driver training then I would also agree.
Not matter how good you think you are you can always learn something new, or a safer way of doing it.

snailbait
14th September 2003, 06:47 PM
what does bigbugger know about clubs :twisted:

snailbait
14th September 2003, 06:49 PM
what does insssser no about clubs :?:

snailbait
14th September 2003, 06:57 PM
what does ferno,,,,,,,,, now abiout clubs does anbody do any real four whell driving exfor wy self if you want to know askk snailbate for advise style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif

snailbait
14th September 2003, 07:00 PM
pedro the slow what do you know about the clubs :oops:

fernockulated
14th September 2003, 07:14 PM
:roll: what does snailbait know about spelling, very hard to understand,too many miss-spelt words!!!!! style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif

bigbugga
14th September 2003, 08:23 PM
Still not sure what his point might be.

Clubs might have a bit to offer but are not alway's the best way to go.

Personally I prefer to get out with a few mate's, not a club thing.

fernockulated
14th September 2003, 08:29 PM
:? mite be ok if your into that sort of ORGANISED social life , have been there before, not interested, would prefer non-regimented, casual type of social life ,somewere you can go and do as you please without being told what to do and when, so ther ,if you dont like that Mr.Snailbait, shove it in your pipe and smoke it!!!!! :evil:

bigbugga
14th September 2003, 08:33 PM
:twisted: hehehe, well said Ferno

fernockulated
14th September 2003, 08:38 PM
:evil: it irks me somewhat when some one comes in here and starts carrying on and hides behind a name ,dont know where he is from or who he is :x

bigbugga
14th September 2003, 08:45 PM
Maybe he will take a hint and let us in on his secret.

then again maybe not,

fernockulated
14th September 2003, 08:49 PM
8O frankly , I dont give a damm :!:

bigbugga
14th September 2003, 08:51 PM
untill he can prove he has something interesting to say neither do I .

Phoenix
14th September 2003, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by fernockulated
:evil: it irks me somewhat when some one comes in here and starts carrying on and hides behind a name ,dont know where he is from or who he is :x

More importaintly, what he drives :twisted:

fernockulated
14th September 2003, 08:57 PM
I think he drives a commydoor and a defender not sure on the landy side , he mentioned it the other week in a chat room

bigbugga
14th September 2003, 09:00 PM
Another chat room. 8O

OOOOOOOO cheating on us all are ya.. :twisted:

fernockulated
14th September 2003, 09:04 PM
:roll: nah same chat room was just sitting there ,he came on started yappin and then left,maybe couldnt handle slow typer!!!

incisor
15th September 2003, 08:26 AM
with a name like snail"bait" i would say he baited several hook line and sinker style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif

Pirate
15th September 2003, 09:51 AM
Interesting that the WA member have got together due to the fact that we tend not to prefer being a “clubbie”

Clubs seem to be biased one was or another. Either young tear always or old flower sniffing types.

Driver training is fine but most that I have seen suit the brand new Pajero owner and involve very benign. To become really proficient you need to get out there regularly and keep trying new things to stretch you knowledge of the boundaries of you vehicles limits.

Generally I have found that patience and wheel placement are the two keys to good 4x4ing. Take your time, get out have a look, make sure the wheels are in the most favorable position for traction and articulation etc then approach carefully. It is better to have three attempts, each one quicker than the first, than charging up at a bull at a gate. Momentum has its place (sand and steep gravel) but generally should only be used if there is no other option.

Bending/damaging gear under the 4x4 (except during extreme rock driving) is generally attributed to speed and careless wheel placement.

The best way to get more confidence is to be with a more experienced driver and I guess you can get this through the club scene (if you have no friends J). Then you know if you get it stuck you have another set of hands to help extract it!!

As Bigbugger has said, I prefer to go 4x4ing with some mate and do as we wish rather than being tied to the club charter/itinerary. It has worked well over here with two outings to date of like-minded blokes. There is no pressure to attend, and no rules to abide by. Decisions are made by consensus and can be and have changed mid-trip depending upon the circumstances.

So in short, clubs do have a place for some people. They are good for people with
a. No life
b. Very little 4x4 experience
c. Very irregular 4x4 drivers
d. Wild flower sniffers
e. Pajero drivers
f. People who like camping hemmed in by pine logs

My thoughts…………..

bigbugga
15th September 2003, 12:39 PM
Those damm pine log's.

I know how much you hate them too Pirate.

discowhite
15th September 2003, 06:09 PM
He sounds like a bit of a TOSSER to me! anyone who cant make their point isnt worth reading!!!!! :evil:
Im with you to on the club idea, im in a club(non landrover) and it would have to be the most unorganised club! you have the same people always turning up to the events and meetings, no one will turn up to help with anything! AND THEY EXPECT ALL THE GLORY! year it makes me want to join a club! :twisted:

so jailbait make your point or BUGGER OFF! please.

snailbait
15th September 2003, 06:09 PM
Well pirate i thank you for your contribution i agree with most of your speel but
1 what about people with no life who can meet people with the same interest as your self .Then there is your aquiatencs who for some reason sell there vehicle. Also You do not belong to any club??????.

2 People start OFF with verry little 4x4 experience and need help to develop there skills before they can enjoy there 4 wheel driving .

3 I agree but they need help to avoid the pit falls of having the npws people (greens) closeing our faveroit tracks. so there is no tracks to go 4x4 driving and then we have to rely on private property and this could cost big bucks$$$$$$$

4 yes there are some flower snifers but arent you .???

5 In NSW the greens have been able to close 80% of the tracks around Sydney so theis is why we should try to put 4X4 drivers in clubs to fight the clousers

5 It is the greens who make us camp behind logs in NSW we have about 80 % of our tracks cut off and closed and if you do not do something to stop them

5. All four Wheel drivers should be introudused to the 4 wheel franity or we suffer as people who are four wheel wiil by the (greens)

bigbugga
15th September 2003, 08:34 PM
If you have a point about all this snailbait can you please make it.
I will again make the offer.
If you have a club you want to promote then let us know about it.
Up untill this point you have only given your veiw's and not a club's veiw's.

Personally this is getting boring and repetive.

Phoenix
16th September 2003, 09:07 AM
He does have a bit of a point about tracks getting closed though.

Pirate
16th September 2003, 01:25 PM
Holy Crap….Now this guy has a problem (an not only with the English language)

In response
1. Are you trying to say “What about people who don’t know anyone with a 4wd to go driving with?”

2. You don’t have to be in a club to enjoy 4x4ing. I have never been a member of a club and have enjoyed it for years! You don’t gain your skill prior to going 4x4ing…You gain your skills 4x4ing!!!! Step by step a little more difficult each time.

3. Don’t know what you mean here????

4. Do you actually understand the connotation I am making here????

5. You have actually made a point here. Congrat’s!!! I actually agree that the greenies are a pain in the arse. They have the bush at heart and I respect that but they also have to allow a certain amount of access to the public other than hiking (IMHO)

6. As for the pine logs I steer well clear of em (as Bigbugger and TSR will attest) In our big brown land why have every one cooped up in one little pen. Not for me.

7. Your last number 5 is totally confusing and is not understandable so I can’t really comment on that.

Hey Snailbait, What country do you come from? Have you been out here long?? That would probably explain the grammar/spelling. Handy hint, type it into MSWord first and do a spell/grammar check.

Greetings All

bigbugga
16th September 2003, 03:26 PM
One good thing to come ut of this.

He is giving the rest of us something to talk about.

Phoenix
16th September 2003, 04:28 PM
True, True!

What is this pine log thing that you guys have been mentioning :?:

incisor
16th September 2003, 04:42 PM
arhhhh... the old pine log in the forest trick...

lets go 99!

snailbait
16th September 2003, 05:21 PM
hi again what a bleeting mob of rabble you are join a club and save the tracks you all do like to drive on put your weight to good use or are you arm chair 4 wheel drivers. i bet you are would be if you could be 4 wheel drivers style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

Pedro_The_Swift
16th September 2003, 06:11 PM
nice try incisor,,
Its up to everyone to find their place in the scheme of things,,
If people like driving through the wilderness,, thats fine,
If people want the security of a group, thats fine too,,
if people like sniffing wildflowers we should hunt them down and-----
style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

discowhite
16th September 2003, 06:20 PM
At least he's learn't how to spell. So we have tought him something?
Snailbait! have you been for a tour through our photo album??
Maybe you will see that we arn't arm chair 4x4ers. 8O

Pedro_The_Swift
16th September 2003, 06:24 PM
maybe we just caught him snober,,, *burp*
:roll:

discowhite
16th September 2003, 06:29 PM
He might have fallen over bumped his noggin and re-scrambled his brain!
He might be seeing THE RED STAR!

Pedro_The_Swift
16th September 2003, 06:37 PM
everybody else is!!! style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

snailbait
16th September 2003, 06:51 PM
8O what a sniffing good try are all of you greens persons and want to close all the trails :twisted:

discowhite
16th September 2003, 06:59 PM
I don't know too much on the subject but in QLD there havent been any problems with greenies that i've heard of? But there is a problem of an Idiot in a CLUB that is SUEING :oops: ? his CLUB because the poor bugger dinted his pride and joy on a 4X4 OUTING WITH HIS CLUB. now this has stuffed up the next event because the organisers have to change their insurance to allow for DI..heads like this? WHAT THA!
How many people like that are out there? 8O

Pedro_The_Swift
16th September 2003, 07:01 PM
oh,, oh. :?
edit;
this was meant before yours discowhite

bigbugga
16th September 2003, 08:19 PM
What red star 8O

Oh

Now who did that. :?:

Last time I looked there were 5 normal star's in that spot.

Oh and as for our small minded snailbait, he seems to be here for no other reason than to stir the pot.
Couldnt even be bothered to have a good look about and see what each of us do with our own car's, without the need of any club's.

Get a life pal.

Pirate
16th September 2003, 09:45 PM
Hi There Phoenix
8)

The "pine log" issue is close to my heart. Have you ever noticed that every so often you visit an old favorite spot in the bush only to find the Park Ranger etc have been out with utes full of treated pine logs and put up gates/parking spots/signs/camping spots/ walkways bloody everywhere!!

It drives me to dispair. A mate has just got back from Coral Bay/Exmouth and some of the gorges inland from there and could not believe how rapidly these bloody things are multipling. It is getting more and more difficult to really get away from it. Many of the dirt roads are being sealed as well so you now have to contend with all the 2wd traffic.

To get away I generally try to head into the gascoyne noth of Meekatharra or out past Hyden or Kalgoorlie. Basically away from the crowds and those BLOODY PINE POSTS. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Phoenix
17th September 2003, 08:21 AM
Ahhhh :idea:

I see what you mean now. Hmmm, come to think about it the same thing is happening here, but possible on a worse scale because the pollies are trying to attract more tourists (and are getting them with these 3 ferries).

Although in some places it is needed.

I walked the overland track the other year, and most of the track is duckboarded or planked. But that is there because if there were none in place, and the number of people walking the track kept increasing, it would be **** because too much damage would be done.

At least they don't use quite as much pine, they are using old logs in a lot of places to give that "Rustic" feel :roll:

We may have fixed snailbaits spelling, but his grammar leaves an awful lot to be desired :twisted:

fernockulated
18th September 2003, 07:33 PM
:? he seems to have some bugbear about "greenies" and NPWS closing trails. I myself dont agree with the bleeding heart greenies about closing off forest tracks,and as for NPWS ,they go around buying (or resuming ) tracts of land for the "public" then close it all off so no one can use it,somthing just dont add up!!!hey snailbait, you have a beef with some one ,take it up with them, dont come in here shoving it down everyone else's throat, :idea:

snailbait
19th September 2003, 05:23 PM
Hi its me again when you cannot go on trails because they have been closed by the NPWS of your state do not go blaming your self blaim the greens
:roll:

bigbugga
19th September 2003, 06:05 PM
Finally I agree with you.

Closed trail's are not a big problem in WA but I know they are a major worry over east.
And if they dont get closed they get tared so ma and pa can go for sunday drive's in the carolla