PDA

View Full Version : Collectors

incisor
14th October 2013, 12:03 PM
anyone see collectors on channel two this morning?

had a guy called peter haylock on there with more model landrovers than i have ever seen before..

even had a center steer model...

http://mpegmedia.abc.net.au/tv/collectors/C6119_Land_Rovers.mp4

http://www.aulro.com/afvb/attachment.php?attachmentid=66982&stc=1&d=1381712902

87County
14th October 2013, 02:52 PM
Thannks Inc, this guy has heaps as well

Largest collection of model Land Rovers | Wilmington Toy Museum (http://satoymuseum.com/toys/toys/largest-collection-of-model-land-rovers/)

Don't know if he has more or less than the guy in the programme but it would be good just to have one or two of what they have got.

Interestingly, if you go into a toy shop these days (which, since I am a grandad, I can do without discomfort), there is very little stock of any model LRs (the first thing I check out). There is a fair bit on the evilbaay though.

BMKal
14th October 2013, 05:48 PM
I was in Nick's Hobby Store in Sorell in Tassie this morning looking through the huge range of model cars etc there. The only Landrover products on the shelf were two Range Rovers - a black one and a burgundy red one - didn't look too bad, plus a green Disco 2 (very similar to the blue one that I already have at home, so I didn't buy it).

No Defenders / Series or anything similar at all. Lots of Jeeps and even a few Hummers. A huge collection of various model VW's, with quite a good range of Kombi's there. One very large and detailed model of a huge Caterpillar excavator / shovel for sale at $1,800 - SWMBO would not let me near it. ;)

Chucaro
14th October 2013, 06:11 PM
I was in Nick's Hobby Store in Sorell in Tassie this morning .................................................. .............

Are both of you enjoying the tropic spring in Hobart? :)
Nice and low snow fall in Mt Wellington last night!! I cannot plant the tomatoes with this weather :(

Enjoy your stay and if you need any help do not hesitate in send me a PM.

Cheers
Arthur

Ausfree
14th October 2013, 07:47 PM
Thanks for that Inc. Saw that show about a year ago.:D Peter Haylock is the owner of "All Four X 4" in Newcastle. I have never met him, but I had heard about his collection of model LandRovers before that show went to air.:D:D

BMKal
14th October 2013, 10:36 PM
Are both of you enjoying the tropic spring in Hobart? :)
Nice and low snow fall in Mt Wellington last night!! I cannot plant the tomatoes with this weather :(

Enjoy your stay and if you need any help do not hesitate in send me a PM.

Cheers
Arthur

Hi Arthur.

Yes - apart from the temperature, we're enjoying our time down here. Catching up on a bit of work around the house, and getting out a bit. Met up with Wrinklearthur and others at an LROCT meeting in Moonah the other night.

Where I'm sitting now on the verandah, I can look straight across the water and up the channel north of Bruny to round about where you are. We will probably be over that way later in the week as we want to get across to Bruny for a look - have never been there in all our trips down here. The wife's brother also lives over in Snug - though she's not real keen to look him up.

If the weather stays a bit warmer, will venture down onto the beach below the house and have a crack at some flathead - I did OK down there last trip (and there's always a good feed of oysters to be had from the rocks down below the army camp).

Not many D4's in Tassie that we've seen - but plenty of D1's / D2's around, and the occasional Defender. Passed a gold D4 going over the bridge into town the other day - they seemed pretty interested in spotting one that is a bit more obviously set up for touring. :D

Cheers ............. BM

Landy Smurf
14th October 2013, 11:10 PM
Thanks for that Inc. Saw that show about a year ago.:D Peter Haylock is the owner of "All Four X 4" in Newcastle. I have never met him, but I had heard about his collection of model LandRovers before that show went to air.:D:D
I wonder who told you that :p

Ausfree
15th October 2013, 01:16 PM
I wonder who told you that :p
A fellow we both know, who knows him well!!!!:D

wrinklearthur
15th October 2013, 10:20 PM
---- Nice and low snow fall in Mt Wellington last night!! I cannot plant the tomatoes with this weather
Only a few more days to Show day, then you can plant those tomatoes.

Enjoy your stay and if you need any help do not hesitate in send me a PM. Cheers Arthur x2 :thumbsup:

justinc
15th October 2013, 11:22 PM
great fellow peter h, total lr nut, and owner of all 4x4 in kotara.

jc

Disco Muppet
15th October 2013, 11:55 PM
green Disco 2 (very similar to the blue one that I already have at home, so I didn't buy it).

Last year at Glenreagh, myself and Solutionx were informed the remaining toy land rovers from the cake were only for the little kids! :mad:
No fair!

BMKal
16th October 2013, 12:08 AM
Last year at Glenreagh, myself and Solutionx were informed the remaining toy land rovers from the cake were only for the little kids! :mad:
No fair!

Well I could go out and get you a green model D2 if you like. I have to go back that way in the next couple of days anyway, as SWMBO wants to go to another shop nearby.

Didn't take too much notice of the price of that one, but most of his similar sized models seemed to be priced at $99.

It's not the same green as yours though - much lighter colour a bit closer to this.

Disco Muppet
16th October 2013, 12:34 PM
Well I could go out and get you a green model D2 if you like. I have to go back that way in the next couple of days anyway, as SWMBO wants to go to another shop nearby.

Didn't take too much notice of the price of that one, but most of his similar sized models seemed to be priced at $99.

It's not the same green as yours though - much lighter colour a bit closer to this.

I have on from Solutionx waiting to be collected :p
I've got a Green D1 model and a blue D2 I think, from my childhood.
Covered in mud and parts missing, as is typical for a Land Rover :D