PDA

View Full Version : extractors on 3.9ltr v8

clarky
13th October 2003, 08:18 PM
Have a 1993 Range Rover with 3.9ltre petrol (no gas) and was wondering if anybody has fitted extractors to theirs. If so how did it effect the performance etc. Thanks/

tracker
13th October 2003, 08:24 PM
clarky
I had the local exhaust place fit a set to my stage 1 series lwb.3.5ltrv8.
much better pulling power but worth it just for the sound.sweetest little v8 around. Tr

Grimace
15th October 2003, 02:14 PM
I also had a set of Pacemakers fitted to my 89 3.5L EFI and accompanied with a good mandrel bent exhaust and high flow muffler made a fair improvement down low..............and yes Now it actually sounds like a real V8 :twisted:

clarky
18th December 2003, 12:21 AM
for those that are interested I did put a set of hurricane extractors, a 2.5 inch free flow system on the ol' girl last week and as per the other comments: down low a marked improvement, up high OK, fuel benefit to early to tell (but I don't think to much) but the sound was worth the effort.

Phoenix
18th December 2003, 09:01 AM
Always nice to have a Landrover that SOUNDS great :twisted:

blitz
26th February 2004, 02:02 PM
Clarky
I have fitted Genie extractors, and a 2 1/2" exhaust system with a straight through muffler and no box at the end, better acceleration, more torque, bit better fuel economy - right foot controlled, sounds sweet but with out the rear box a bit to loud. The whole lot cost about $800-00 and was worth every cent

Cheers

Blitz

Pierre
26th February 2004, 04:50 PM
We've put extractors on 3 RRs up to now. Agree with all the other comments, especially the noise it makes!!! HM headers and twin pipes on the last one. Improved fuel economy, too.

First one had slip joints, other two had flanges at stategic points - over crossmember, front and back of main muffler. Flange plates are the way to go.

Pierre

snailbait
26th February 2004, 08:09 PM
HI i fitted a 4.6 to my 1983 rr and still it did not perform and it was a carb job it used 32 lt per 100 ks in the high country of VIC BUT IT WAS A TERRIFIC RIDE :oops:

nah
26th February 2004, 08:13 PM
Being basically cheap.....can i get a better V8 note out of my exhaust by removing the rear resonator and running a straight pipe??...just curious.