PDA

View Full Version : AULRO newsletter?

fernockulated
29th October 2003, 09:31 PM
8O :? Just wondering about the AULRO newsletter,does it exist ,and if so,where is it located? :roll:

bigbugga
29th October 2003, 09:41 PM
Mate your timing is great.

I was going to ask you to write down your little trip so we can put it in here permantly and also so I can get the news letter thing happening.
:twisted:
We need news to have a news letter.

How does one news letter per month sound.

Should be able to make enough happen in 30 day's :wink:

Phoenix
30th October 2003, 07:57 AM
Mightn't be a bad idea. Do it in word or pdf. Have it available in the downloads, or e-mail it out to ALL registered members (Might get a few more in here that way).

What would we include? Trip reports, modification reports, restoration reports, reviews on new models, reviews on used models, what to look for when muying, 4x4 tips.

Ahh, there is my work done 8)

incisor
30th October 2003, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Phoenix
Mightn't be a bad idea.
Ahh, there is my work done 8)

boy do i have news for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phoenix
30th October 2003, 09:55 AM
Maybe I just dobbed myself in to help style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif , ahh well, I don't mind really, although I could hardly be called an expert style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif

What would you like me to do 8) I could certainly help in distribution, and construction (Putting it all together), perhaps I could even write the odd article. :wink:

incisor
30th October 2003, 10:01 AM
Maybe I just dobbed myself in to help :( , ahh well, I don't mind really, although I could hardly be called an expert :D

What would you like me to do 8) I could certainly help in distribution, and construction (Putting it all together), perhaps I could even write the odd article. :wink:

sounds like you are on top of it already!

let me know when you are done!

:roll:

Phoenix
30th October 2003, 10:04 AM
Hey, now wait there just one minute 8O

I said that i'd help, not organise :!:

Hmm, maybe I could do this. A single page for now, perhaps 2 if it is busy.

Ok, who has something to contribute.

Incisor, got any graphics that you can send me? (I'm in the hat room if anyone is about also)

Phoenix
30th October 2003, 10:08 AM
Ehem, I mean chat room, not hat room

incisor
30th October 2003, 11:09 AM
graphics?

what do you require "MR EDITOR" sir?

style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

Phoenix
30th October 2003, 11:15 AM
Oh no, what have I done :oops:

Just any AULRO logos, and perhaps a copy of the electronic form of the sticker.

What format should I create this newsletter in? Word, PDF, publisher, gif, jpg, bmp ? I can do word. PDF I may be able to do soon, and images I can do.

My e-mail is greeny@vision.net.au.

So if anyone has a trip report with some pics, a vehicle report, something for sale, a club newsletter for ideas of what to put in ours etc.

All help appreciated.

Mr Editor, I'm not sure that it suits me, but it will do 8)

incisor
30th October 2003, 11:18 AM
do it in word, send it too me, i can do pdf

logo's on their wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

as Mae would say....

i like a man with spirit.... hic

8O

Phoenix
30th October 2003, 11:23 AM
Do you have publisher at all, because I could make it more interesting, more easily in publisher.

If you don't, word will be fine, i'll work on having the first release for some time in november.

Thanks for getting the pics to me (In advance of actually recieveing them :wink: )

incisor
30th October 2003, 12:15 PM
i can install publisher if you wish

Phoenix
30th October 2003, 12:57 PM
Publisher would be better. It is more suited to the job, however what about file sizes. If I am going to send it to you to be put into PDF, are you able to recieve large files?

incisor
30th October 2003, 01:27 PM
i used to own this isp so i sorta get preferential treatment style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif

280gig big enough style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif

thats why god gave us rar

and i dodnt mean the egypt one style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif

Phoenix
30th October 2003, 01:31 PM
Hmm, should do :wink:

Now I just need some content. I have a rough layout worked out, but I have a couple of questions.

1) When did AULRO start?

2) Which logo should I use, the webpage one (Top left corner), or the sticker?

Phoenix
30th October 2003, 01:39 PM
Also, if i'm distributing the newsletter, do you have a list of all of the current AULRO members that you could send me for the initial distribution.

After the initial issue, people can get the newsletter by request and I can add them to a mailing list on my computer.

So if anyone wants to be on the mailing list, send me a message, drop me an e-mail or post here.

incisor
30th October 2003, 01:52 PM
Hmm, should do :wink:

Now I just need some content. I have a rough layout worked out, but I have a couple of questions.

1) When did AULRO start?

2) Which logo should I use, the webpage one (Top left corner), or the sticker?

me i would use the sticker one

incisor
30th October 2003, 01:53 PM
"We received 123381 page views since April 2002"

looks like april 2002 style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif

Phoenix
30th October 2003, 02:15 PM
Yes, I think that the sticker one will look better, although because of the smaller size I cut off the wording below tasmania, it is repeated beside it anyway.

AULRO, Established April 2002 style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif 8)

Pedro_The_Swift
30th October 2003, 05:35 PM
hey incisor,, is there anything left from around April 2002?
Imean posts and things,

incisor
30th October 2003, 05:47 PM
i do have a backup somewhere that i havent been able to find lately...

will keep lookin...

bigbugga
30th October 2003, 05:48 PM
Look's like this news letter is all organized.

Way to go phoenix :wink:

VladTepes
25th February 2005, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by incisor
thats why god gave us rar

and i dodnt mean the egypt one style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif

That would be Ra. And since Ra is god, how cou;d God give us God :?: :?

On the other hand - who else could :?:

Anyway this is just my way of bumping the thread to show where it all began and how Feeny got to be so important. style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

Phoenix
25th February 2005, 03:16 PM
who said I was importaint style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif

And incisor meant Rar (the computer program), not Ra (the egyptian God) I suspect :roll:

VladTepes
25th February 2005, 03:20 PM
I know that, but he did mention the Egyptian one ya goose :!:

incisor
25th February 2005, 03:23 PM
you been hit by luxopompousbarge vlad?

Phoenix
25th February 2005, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by VladTepes
I know that, but he did mention the Egyptian one ya goose :!:

http://users.telenet.be/eforum/emoticons4u/violent/sterb292.gif

:roll: style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

fernockulated
25th February 2005, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by incisor

na ,i think he is just in "denial" (de nile ,slight egyptian pun! style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif )

Ace
25th February 2005, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by fernockulated+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(fernockulated)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-incisor

na ,i think he is just in "denial" (de nile ,slight egyptian pun! style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif )[/b][/quote]

Very ammusing ferno, you have made Ron proud of the education he has given us, regaring words and reading into things. Matt

fernockulated
25th February 2005, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Ace+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ace)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by fernockulated@
<!--QuoteBegin-incisor

na ,i think he is just in "denial" (de nile ,slight egyptian pun! style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif )

Very ammusing ferno, you have made Ron proud of the education he has given us, <span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%">regaring</span> words and reading into things. Matt[/b][/quote]

thanx mayt,az ewe can sea i was brunged up well,with a proper edumacashun,it was 'im that wot did ut!

Ace
25th February 2005, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by fernockulated+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(fernockulated)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Ace+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ace)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-fernockulated@
<!--QuoteBegin-incisor

Very ammusing ferno, you have made Ron proud of the education he has given us, <span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%">regaring</span> words and reading into things. Matt[/b][/quote]

thanx mayt,az ewe can sea i was brunged up well,with a proper edumacashun,it was 'im that wot did ut![/b][/quote]

And constructing full sentences with punctuation. You get the most improved stamp today. Matt :wink:

fernockulated
25th February 2005, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Ace+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ace)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by fernockulated+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(fernockulated)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Ace
<!--QuoteBegin-fernockulated@
<!--QuoteBegin-incisor

Very ammusing ferno, you have made Ron proud of the education he has given us, <span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%">regaring</span> words and reading into things. Matt

thanx mayt,az ewe can sea i was brunged up well,with a proper edumacashun,it was 'im that wot did ut![/b][/quote]

And constructing full sentences with punctuation. You get the most improved stamp today. Matt :wink:[/b][/quote]

<span style="color:blue">hit any key to escape</span>DAMM,wheres the any key!!!?????

too smart for my own dumbness :roll:

Ace
25th February 2005, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by fernockulated

Originally posted by Ace
<!--QuoteBegin-fernockulated@
<!--QuoteBegin-incisor

Very ammusing ferno, you have made Ron proud of the education he has given us, <span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%">regaring</span> words and reading into things. Matt

thanx mayt,az ewe can sea i was brunged up well,with a proper edumacashun,it was 'im that wot did ut!

And constructing full sentences with punctuation. You get the most improved stamp today. Matt :wink:[/b][/quote]

<span style="color:blue">hit any key to escape</span>DAMM,wheres the any key!!!?????

too smart for my own dumbness :roll:[/b][/quote]

The anykey is next to the bit that plugs into the wall. Matt

fernockulated
25th February 2005, 08:49 PM
[quote=incisor]you been hit by luxopompousbarge vlad?

Very ammusing ferno, you have made Ron proud of the education he has given us, [size=24]<span style="color:red">regaring</span>

And constructing full sentences with punctuation. You get the most improved stamp today. Matt :wink:

[size=24]<span style="color:red">regarding</span>

Ace
25th February 2005, 08:52 PM
[quote=fernockulated][quote=incisor]you been hit by luxopompousbarge vlad?

Very ammusing ferno, you have made Ron proud of the education he has given us, [size=24]<span style="color:red">regaring</span>

Yes....... Would you like some further tuition? Matt

fernockulated
25th February 2005, 08:55 PM

nah,just go back about seven posts :roll:

fernockulated
25th February 2005, 08:56 PM

#hint#-[size=24]<span style="color:red">regaring</span>

Ace
25th February 2005, 08:59 PM
[quote=Ace][quote=fernockulated][quote=incisor]you been hit by luxopompousbarge vlad?

#hint#-[size=24]<span style="color:red">regaring</span>

Oh, its me who needs more tuition, and my eyes checked to. Matt :oops: :oops:

fernockulated
25th February 2005, 09:04 PM
style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif
style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif
ok enough fun and hijacking ,now what was this thread all about again???

oh yeah the newsletter,feeny is after contributions for the next newsletter due out soon,so get your stuff to him real soon style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif 8)

Ace
25th February 2005, 09:06 PM
ok enough fun and hijacking ,now what was this thread all about again???

oh yeah the newsletter,feeny is after contributions for the next newsletter due out soon,so get your stuff to him real soon style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif 8)

Ok, no problem.

But you started it. style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif Matt

fernockulated
25th February 2005, 09:08 PM
:roll: and i finished it ,and put it back on track,so if it drifts off again ,that is someone elses problem! style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif 8)

Ace
25th February 2005, 09:11 PM
:roll: and i finished it ,and pit it back on track,so if it drifts off again ,that is someone elses problem! style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif 8)

Arent we good, we cleaned up our mess?

Oops, news letter, right. Matt

fernockulated
25th February 2005, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Ace+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ace)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-fernockulated
:roll: and i finished it ,and pit it back on track,so if it drifts off again ,that is someone elses problem! style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif 8)

[/b][/quote]

its called responsible hijacking 8) style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

Ace
25th February 2005, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Ace@
<!--QuoteBegin-fernockulated

its called responsible hijacking 8) style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/b][/quote]

Pedro will be proud of us. :wink: style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif Matt

fernockulated
25th February 2005, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by fernockulated+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(fernockulated)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Ace@

its called responsible hijacking 8) style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/b][/quote]

Pedro will be proud of us. :wink: style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif Matt[/b][/quote]

Ped who,oh him , the gnome of the north style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif 8)

Ace
25th February 2005, 09:44 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Ace@

its called responsible hijacking 8) style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

Pedro will be proud of us. :wink: style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif Matt[/b][/quote]

Ped who,oh him , the gnome of the north style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif 8)[/b][/quote]

Yeah him, ok i am off to bead no i have hit the 3950 mark. Night all. matt

fernockulated
25th February 2005, 10:01 PM
:roll: anyone would think he was in the chat room
style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

Ace
26th February 2005, 09:39 PM

Who, me or the gnome? Matt

bigbugga
27th February 2005, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by Ace+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ace)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-fernockulated

Who, me or the gnome? Matt[/b][/quote]

Both :?

Ace
27th February 2005, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by bigbugga+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bigbugga)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Ace@

Who, me or the gnome? Matt

Both :?[/b][/quote]

No i wasnt in there, cant speak for the gnome though. Matt

VladTepes
28th February 2005, 02:14 PM
1, I hereby hand over any claim to the title of king post-whore to Ace, who truly truly deserves it. :!:

2. This thread is getting silly again. The place for silliness is back in the 'I can see stars" thread (also known as the lets just see how many pages we can get this to go on for thread...). We'll let this old newsletter thread die again...

3. Re letting this thread die again - you do that by not posting a response to this one. style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

fernockulated
28th February 2005, 07:12 PM
8O my goodness ,I dont believe it ,vlad handing over the reins to king post whore,whats wrong vlad,someone catching up to you waaaaaay too quick,
or has Mrs vlad told you to get a life style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

as for this thread going "silly"again, so whats new around here! style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

as for letting this thread die,NO WAY,and responce is spelt with a "c" not an "s" style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif ,unless it is spelt with an "s" in which case forget what i just said
style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

VladTepes
1st March 2005, 08:55 AM
8O my goodness ,I dont believe it ,vlad handing over the reins to king post wh**e,whats wrong vlad,someone catching up to you waaaaaay too quick,
or has Mrs vlad told you to get a life style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

<span style="color:red">Bit of Both (Vlad)</span>

as for letting this thread die,NO WAY,and responce is spelt with a "c" not an "s" style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif ,unless it is spelt with an "s" in which case forget what i just said
style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

Yeah let the thread die but not without a parting comment:

Been on the happy juice again, Ferno :?: style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

fernockulated
2nd March 2005, 09:34 PM
:roll: who me??????never ,viscious rumour,never touch the stuff!!!!!!well maybe once or twice ,special occassions ....... :roll:

Pedro_The_Swift
2nd March 2005, 09:47 PM
like this one--- :roll:

style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

fernockulated
2nd March 2005, 09:52 PM
:roll: nah,but a wedding in kingaroy in two weeks and another in sept....

Pedro_The_Swift
2nd March 2005, 09:58 PM
Whooo Hooo!!!

sounds like a fun time--- style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif

DEFENDERZOOK
3rd March 2005, 05:07 AM
:roll: who me??????never ,viscious rumour,never touch the stuff!!!!!!well maybe once or twice ,special occassions ....... :roll:

so ......you dont drink any more?

or any less for that matter!!!

fernockulated
3rd March 2005, 08:46 PM
:roll: not since guzzling came in style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

Pedro_The_Swift
4th March 2005, 07:29 AM
Mountain Moonshine 8)

there has to be some advantage to living on a hill :wink: