PDA

View Full Version : Isuzu diesel

brendan
13th December 2003, 07:59 PM
I am interested in a 86 110 country powered by a isuzu diesel and not knowing anything about them i wondered if any body could give me any information about them. I currently drive a series 1 discovery TDI and more than happy with it,s performance economy and reliability but i am not sure if the body and engine size of the 110 is comparable as i will use it as my work vechile traveling from 250 to 300 khm a week. A ny information would be greatly appreciated. cheers!

Timmo
13th December 2003, 08:59 PM
Have heard the isuzu powered countys are great. The army had a good run with them, and being a bigger engine, i believe they last longer than the tdi's. Less poke than the turbos though, but more low down torque, so depends what you are looking for.

lewy110
14th December 2003, 09:43 AM
the isuzu powered countys are very different in engine characteristics than your tdi they only have a redline of about 3300rpm i think (correct me if i'm wrong there) but they last forever 500,000 before touching one is not uncommon. The only weak point is the crappy 5 speed they put behind them. It wont be as fast as the tdi but fuel use should not be that much different.

Pedro_The_Swift
14th December 2003, 11:35 AM
I always likes the look of the countys,, nice white with blue stripes,
not sure I'd stop driving a Disco to get in one though,,, :wink: