PDA

View Full Version : Which baby seat?

mijango
31st October 2013, 07:05 AM
Hi, just wondering what is a good baby seat (our daughter is 18mths - and growing fast!) for my D4. Just back from doing grafton - glen innes via the old grafton road (v enjoyable trip) and noticed the current baby seat I installed is digging into the leather on the seat.
Thanks for any advice!

Discophil
31st October 2013, 07:58 AM
I have the safe n sound maxi rider AHR easy adjust convertible booster seat for my 2 year old. The twin 3 month olds are in safe n sound meridian AHR tilt and adjust convertible car seats either side. I think all seats dig in slightly to the rear seat but to be honest its the least of my concerns given much they all trash the rest of the car!!!!

DiscoWeb
31st October 2013, 08:02 AM
Mate,

Just put an old towel or similar under it and behind it to protect the seat.

Fear not the leather is very durable and what the baby seat does is nothing compared to what your daughter will do as she gets older and climbs all over the back seat, dropping food etc.

I have a 14 yr and 11 yr old and the back seat gets worked much harder than the fronts but always come up well with a bit of a clean.

As long as you are happy with the safety aspects of the seat do not worry.

Other than that I have no feedback on one seat v another and hopefully will not have to worry about that for a very very long time.

Regards,

George

Gribbsmy13
31st October 2013, 03:14 PM
Safe n sound ahr maxi riders are great. They grow with your child. I have a two year old girl and a four year old boy in them, we have had them for about 12 months

Gribbsmy13
31st October 2013, 03:15 PM
Oh and they come with a seat protector

PKD4
31st October 2013, 07:45 PM
Safe n sound ahr maxi riders are great. They grow with your child. I have a two year old girl and a four year old boy in them, we have had them for about 12 months

Another vote for the maxi rider here. My kids both went through a meridian and then a maxi rider.

I have seat covers, but mainly for the other mess kids bring into the car, and also used the supplied protector.

I also found that both of ours slept really well on long trips in the maxi rider. That was a very welcome feature.....

Pat

Crimdog
31st October 2013, 10:10 PM
I have a maxi cosi air, the boy loves it. it to digs into the seat a bit but put a towel under it and its fine. We have another on the way so we are looking for a seat to last the boy up to about 7yrs (booster mode) so that the current one will go to the newbie. the maxi cosi Goliath look the goods and its on sale at the moment.

NavyDiver
1st November 2013, 09:04 AM
Infa-secure vario max
sold by RACV shops in vic Vario Max Booster Seat - Child Car Booster Seats | InfaSecure (http://infasecure.com.au/category/car-safety/car-safety/booster-seats/vario-max/)

They are booster seat not baby ones! I have had several and these are by far the best in many ways I.M.O. You can have 2 or even 3 of them across the back of a D3! Try that with any other brand! Even two made it almost impossible to use the third seat with another type we had.

They say it is for 4-8 years olds but all my kids were too big for baby seats at 2 1/2 to 3 years old. (Tall family)

gps-au
1st November 2013, 10:15 AM
Infa-secure vario max
sold by RACV shops in vic Vario Max Booster Seat - Child Car Booster Seats | InfaSecure (http://infasecure.com.au/category/car-safety/car-safety/booster-seats/vario-max/)

Hopefully they will have a iso-fix version next year when I need one.

mojo
4th November 2013, 04:21 PM
I have the safe n sound maxi rider AHR easy adjust convertible booster seat for my 2 year old. The twin 3 month olds are in safe n sound meridian AHR tilt and adjust convertible car seats either side. I think all seats dig in slightly to the rear seat but to be honest its the least of my concerns given much they all trash the rest of the car!!!!

That's exactly what we have for our 3 year old (nearly 4) and 8 month old twins! A bit of a squeeze getting them all across the back seat, it'll be interesting to see how they fit when we convert the twins to forward facing in a few months.

NavyDiver
4th November 2013, 08:07 PM
Hopefully they will have a iso-fix version next year when I need one.

I hope iso-fix is required give it is clearly better tech!

Discophil
5th November 2013, 08:01 AM
That's exactly what we have for our 3 year old (nearly 4) and 8 month old twins! A bit of a squeeze getting them all across the back seat, it'll be interesting to see how they fit when we convert the twins to forward facing in a few months.
Sean,

you are a bit ahead of me, will be interested to hear how you go when the turn those seats around.

Phil

mijango
8th November 2013, 07:10 AM
Thanks all for your replies. I have stuck with the current seat (which would you believe it is a maxi rider!) and put a combination of old towels and carpet to both stop damaging the leather and hold it more securely.

Will be looking forward to the ISO fix seats as to me this clearly has to be safer and def simpler technology.

mojo
22nd November 2013, 11:08 AM
Sean,

you are a bit ahead of me, will be interested to hear how you go when the turn those seats around.

Phil

Well we ended up changing the twins to forward facing a little earlier than I thought, just because they're big buggas! Anyway, we had no trouble fitting them all in, and our daughter's happy because she doesn't have to crawl through the "tunnel" any more to get to her spot in the middle.

At some point though we'll get around to some camping trips in our Defender again, and that's when the fun will really start - I think fitting the three seats across the back of the Deefer might be a bit of a struggle.

gps-au
22nd November 2013, 12:39 PM
Will be looking forward to the ISO fix seats as to me this clearly has to be safer and def simpler technology.

I actually find it amazing that its taking so long for ISO to actually hit the marketplace.

Considering we are not that different to othermarkets.

Maybe its just to try an justify the stupidly high prices we will mostly likely be gouged.