PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle Showers

Bushie
17th January 2004, 12:59 PM
For any one thats got a vehicle mounted shower (Glind, Twine, McPauls etc).

I recently found a 9 metre layflat hose on a reel suitable to use with the shower so you can get further away from the creek/vehicle etc has standard clik fittings.

Approx $30 from Bunnings hardware

http://www.offroader.com.au/overlander/hose.jpg

Box approx 300x300x30

Bushie

bigbugga
17th January 2004, 10:50 PM
Have seen this hose.

Looks nice and strong too, also take's up very little space.

Nice idea Bushie

Bushie
18th January 2004, 09:45 AM
The space was the main reason for buying it but price had a bit to do with it especially as some of the caravan type places were asking upto $120 :twisted: for the equivalent thing.

Bushie

VladTepes
16th March 2004, 12:34 PM
I've always wondered about those showers - how do they work ?

If they have a heat exchanger doesn't this mean the engine has to be hot / running for a length of time ?

I reckon the wife would love me if I got her one for camping BUT finding the fresh water... that's a whole other issue I guess.

Mick-Kelly
16th March 2004, 03:48 PM
Next question, is the pump strong enough to suck water through 30 ft of hose.

Bushie
16th March 2004, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Mick&#045;Kelly+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mick&#045;Kelly)</div><div class='quotemain'>Next question, is the pump strong enough to suck water through 30 ft of hose.[/b]

Not intended for the suction side of the pump as it wouldn't work that way (hose would collapse under suction) but more for the dischage side so you can get a bit further away from the vehicle (or creek etc), its also handy for filling a water tank in the back.

<!--QuoteBegin-VladTepes
If they have a heat exchanger doesn't this mean the engine has to be hot / running for a length of time ?
[/quote]

The engine has to run at least until its warm (this varies with the air temp and temp of the water). I've found that a quick 10 min run up the track etc is more efficient than idling away.
Thw mrs loves it and I would rate it as one of the best accessories I've put on the vehicle.

Bushie

Dinty
21st March 2004, 08:56 AM
We have one fitted to our 110 a Glind that is, I fitted it about 6 years ago, it has a fantastic pump my wife loves the unit especially when up on Stockton beach to wash off the salty water and sand out of swimming costume, we generally use 20litre plastic J/cans with H2o from home, I have pumped water from tanks and it works fine, you do have to be careful when using it though 'cause if you turn off the shower at the nozzle and your engine is running you will be severly scalded. I wouldn't be without mine, they are now an expensive item if setting up for a long trip around Oz

VladTepes
21st March 2004, 11:35 AM
NOW an expensive item or NOT an expensive item...